• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Jellybean on the A500 ever?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Jellybean on the A500 ever?

Yesterday, I received the OTA update from ICS to Jelly bean for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...do you think there is ever a chance we got Jellybean for our A500 from Acer?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm no expert, but I highly doubt it. The ICS update surprised me, though, so you never know. I just got JB on my Nexus as well and would like to see it on the A500, but I won't be holding my breath.
    unlockiphone5 likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Jelly bean update

i cant figure out how to paste from my email I copied, but I recieved a responce from an e-mail I sent to acer. ha they said "we are planning to launch the jelly beann update for your tablet, however it may take some time to come out"
    i have the a500 8gb. i got it on black friday from bestbuy last year.
    hope this helps, got the reply 2 days ago.
    I got the 8 gig thinking i could transfer apps to sd. but i cant and I like gameloft and other games over 1 gig.

do you know if jellybean will support apps to sd card. i do not want to root my tablet. i make enough money to be broke and cant risk it freezing up. thanks

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Folks, On the Forum TegraOwners • View topic - [Dev]A500/A501 JB device building Part. 1 v12

Thor has what sounds to be a stable build of Jelly Bean for A500. Seems all the features are working. This makes it sound like flashing the ROM is not a bad idea if you do not mind rooting your tab.

The next release from Thor is purported to be the silky smooth release so we all can consider it.

This means we do not have to wait for Acer to get their collective acts together.

Cary

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Does anybody know if JB for the Acer Iconia will support Adobe Flash?
    If it doesn't, I will turn the upgrade down and live happily with ICS until my A500 becomes really obsolete.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Does anybody know if JB for the Acer Iconia will support Adobe Flash?
    If it doesn't, I will turn the upgrade down and live happily with ICS until my A500 becomes really obsolete.
    Adobe stopped officially supporting flash on 4.1.x (JB). There are plenty of easy ways to side load it (search jelly bean flash apk). It works about as well as it did on ICS, on CM10 4.1.1 JB.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carydc View Post
    Folks, On the Forum TegraOwners View topic - [Dev]A500/A501 JB device building Part. 1 v12

Thor has what sounds to be a stable build of Jelly Bean for A500. Seems all the features are working. This makes it sound like flashing the ROM is not a bad idea if you do not mind rooting your tab.

The next release from Thor is purported to be the silky smooth release so we all can consider it.

This means we do not have to wait for Acer to get their collective acts together.

Cary
    Thors Kernel is still being worked on. mainly because of the SODs and resets. until then i reccomend sticking with Flexreaper or the stock ICS

LordZilo
    Woe to those poor souls that know neither victory nor defeat, those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight. -Theodore Roosevelt

Moral: Nothing ventured in life, nothing gained!

Acer Iconia A500

Twitter - #LordZilo

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LordZilo View Post
    Thors Kernel is still being worked on. mainly because of the SODs and resets. until then i reccomend sticking with Flexreaper or the stock ICS

LordZilo
    +1 on the Flexreaper rom, got it running nice and smooth, OC to 1.5ghz.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    Adobe stopped officially supporting flash on 4.1.x (JB). There are plenty of easy ways to side load it (search jelly bean flash apk). It works about as well as it did on ICS, on CM10 4.1.1 JB.
    Thanks for info, my friend.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Jelly bean update in the works

I just got done chatting with an Acer rep, and mentioned that the 700 is getting jelly bean, when will the A500 receive jelly bean? She informed me that it is currently in testing phase.
    I asked if it would allow app2sd storage, her response was simple, I'm sorry, I do not have any details on the updates functions, (or something to that effect)

... For the community, Do updates roll out at the beginning of the month or could it be any time? From your experience with multiple devices.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links