• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Jellybean on the A500 ever?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    A power train warranty only covers parts that fail it doesn't cover or include new features or upgrades made since the car was produced unless there was a major problem that affected the safety of the vehicle. also saying that android is the power train of the tablet is so incorrect. a tablets power train would be the processor and ram as the tablet can and does run without the android operating system, you cant do much but it does run.
    memery261

Acer Iconia A200
    Acer Iconia A500
    VM Cruz Reader (android 2.1)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think why many people are upset, is that other manufacturers will probably push Jellybean to their tablets. My friend just got his official update to Jellybean on his Galaxy Tab 10 ver2. Yes it is a newer model, and yes it came with ICS out of the box, but Samsung are easy to root and there are plenty of custom ROMs for older devices anyway. My gripe is that the A500 is not as easy to root (my opinion) compared to the Samsung. Also I have the A501 which has Wi-Fi AND 3G. Custom ROMs for this device are virtually non-existant as many developers don't include the 3G side in their ROMs. I am happy that I got the official ICS (4.0.3) from Acer (eventually) but as there are some performance issues, I was hopping for the JB upgrade. I guess that I will dump Acer in favour of a Samsung when it comes time to upgrade my contract. More upgrade options and more accessories. I will miss the USB and HDMI ports - though I never really made that much use of them. Another thing, is that Acer in South Africa does not exactly have a stellar perfornamce record when it comes to support for ALL Acer devices.

My 2 cents worth....

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    jelly bean wrecked my Galaxy2-7". disappeared all my self created desktop bookmarks which are crucial to my work.
    i used to use the stock browser to plant an icon on my desktop. with JB the bookmark star in the upper corner of the browser is gone.
    this has rendered a tablet i need to a state of uselessness for me. also, i don't think the cosmetic changes are worthwhile.
    a large slice of the right side of each page is reserved for a grid icon to pull up the apps directory making the useful
    space on my 7" really small. i will not be downloading JB if it comes to our 500s, 200, 100s. too scary to lose the tools
    we need to do our work.
    Last edited by jlsholiday; 01-12-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I must be living on a different planet than all of you guys. I bought mr a501 in November of '11, and I was led to believe that it was a newer an better model than the a500. I was ALSO "PROMISED" an upgrade to ICS, which had just been announced. Acer had posted on their site less than three months later that there would BE no such update. Why am I so wrong in expecting to get what I paid for? Sorry, all trash talk aside, I will NEVER buy ANY product from these swidlers again! And, as for the "stock ROMs" on the internet, they are all apparently incompatible with my release version. And I, for one do not have money to buy a new tablet every three bloody months!! One more question, do all people who post here not have access to a spel chequer?
    I mean, seriously, "do"' ="due" , "know" = "no" and &@^%$ should have = "should of" ??? ;-Deano
    Sorry for the vent, in the past two days I buried my Dad AND was told I have cancer (that was found over a year ago!)

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    DeanoD,

First off, im sorry for you're loss an also for you're Diagnosis, I am a Cancer survivor so i wish you luck on the hard journey you face and i hope you can beat it.

I have often asked myself the same question about peoples spelling and grammer on the internet and i have come to the conclusion that for the most part people are just lazy or stupid and sometimes both.

You have the right to be upset that you didnt get an update to ICS although i think you should blame who you bought it from more than acer because they told you something to get you to buy from them without having the facts. yes acer is partly to blame but it shouldnt lay solely on them. The update to ics on the 501 was only at the carriers discretion because of the extra hardware for their network and the drivers needed for it.

anyway, Good luck to you.
    memery261

Acer Iconia A200
    Acer Iconia A500
    VM Cruz Reader (android 2.1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links