• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Jellybean on the A500 ever?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When I buy a new car it comes with an extended drivetrain warranty of at least 3 years. Android is the drivetrain for these products, they will not run without it. Reality check, android is a disposable product. It has mass appeal based on price point, but due to the open source aspects it is obsolete weeks ahead of each release. So if I buy an android tablet it absolutely better damn well be good for more than one (rather useless no less,ics) "drivetrain" release. So no one has the right to tell us not to complain about not getting an update on a platform that has a 6 week cycle between each OS. Sorry! I needed to do that rant a bit. Again. Sorry!
    Last edited by subfuel1; 10-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Rants dont change reality and no a $400 dollar tablet is not the same pricepoint as a car, nor is it's expected useful life anywhere near that of a car.
    I have a hightech navigation / media system in my car. They are under no obligation to keep it upgraded.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    On topic, my sources say no official Jellybean for A500, it is no longer in production, and has not been for a while. Parts are already starting to disappear
    Acerrific likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Google has thrown down the gauntlet. If you want continued software support and fast updates, you must purchase a nexus device. Fortunately, the nexus tablets are damn nice: https://play.google.com/store/device...le-wide-banner
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    That is what I am buying next.
    adalinger likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Less than a month and I am still getting the nexus phone have read pro's and con's and the pro's out weight the con's Pretty much everyone says the battery life sucks but by time I get one I hope they have that straightened out. Man that 32 gig tab is less than what I paid for my acer 16 gig sheeesh

UPDATE: Decided on the galaxy S3 instead of the nexus checked out the top ten smartphones and the nexus didn't fair as well as the galaxy S3. Anyone use the nexus want to give their 2 cents worth on how it does?
    Last edited by Frank1960; 11-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got an Acer a 500 16 gb yesterday that had already been rooted to Jelly Bean, works good, can run adobe flash just about anything so far there's not been anything to pop up with error or say it can't run it. That being said, The only problem I have is the sd card. trying to use app2sd says there is no external sd storage which I have a 16gb microsd card in it or says has been emulated and cant run it. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can have access to my sd card.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by memery261 View Post
    For those looking to root and install a different Rom go here.

Iconia A500 Android Development - xda-developers

Please read or use the search bar to find what you are looking for, all your answers are there you just need to look.

Everyone who is mad that you are not getting jellybean on your tablet could you tell me how the new tires you got for free from your car maker are working or better yet how's the new more fuel efficient Engine you got for free after your first year of owning your car.

You spend thousands on a car and dont bitch or expect the car company to upgrade you car for free when they start selling a new version of whatever you bought,
    but you spend under 500 dollars on a tablet that comes with android 3.2, acer then gives you an os upgrade for free but now the company sucks cause you cant have a second free upgrade. Go ask honda or ford or chevy for a free upgrade like a new Engine or tires and see what they say. Hell try it with the people who built your house.

Why do you think you are entitled to anything from acer. you didnt even know that you were going to get ICS for your tablet untill after ICS was released, so you bought an A500 with android 3.1 and you were happy because you got what you paid for. Then they "Acer" upgraded you all the way to ICS and you were happy because you got something you didnt pay for.

GIVE ME A BREAK.
    Well said, When we got the ICS update i wasnt even expecting it. I'm quite happy that i have been given this update for free. I'm sure that microsoft is not going to give me a free upgrade to Windows 8 you know??
    I'm curious, what is so bad about ICS that everyone wants Jellybean so bad? Also, if you did get the Jellybean upgrade will you then demand the next upgrade?
    Aside from all that, I have my a500 for a little over a year & half now and love it...paid $450 for it and still think that it's well worth it. Also, full sized USB port....Pretty much taboo in the tablet world

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terablue View Post
    It's amazing how terrible apps for Honeycomb (v3.x.x) were when the first Android tablets came out (ie the A500). There's still work to be done but it's much better than it used to be. I think the nexus tablet gave developers the incentive to develop more for tablets especially since ICS bridged the gap between phones and tablets. Something that was absolutely necessary to the future android.
    You know...I totally forgot about how bad the android apps were back then. There was not even a fraction of what apps we now have to chose from and how many times have you gone to download an ap only to get a message saying that it was not available for your device because tablets were pretty much new and most apps at that time were designed for phones

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by subfuel1 View Post
    When I buy a new car it comes with an extended drivetrain warranty of at least 3 years. Android is the drivetrain for these products, they will not run without it. Reality check, android is a disposable product. It has mass appeal based on price point, but due to the open source aspects it is obsolete weeks ahead of each release. So if I buy an android tablet it absolutely better damn well be good for more than one (rather useless no less,ics) "drivetrain" release. So no one has the right to tell us not to complain about not getting an update on a platform that has a 6 week cycle between each OS. Sorry! I needed to do that rant a bit. Again. Sorry!
    So you're saying that when you buy a car and get a 3 year drive train warranty they upgrade everything for you for free? If you bought a
    2010 model car and the 2011 models came with HID & LED lights the car manufacturer will upgrade your car to those lights as well? What kind of car do you have?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links