• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By osceola74

Thread: Browser is not responding.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Browser is not responding.

I continue to get the message Browser is not responding. What do I need to do to fix it. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    This can have numerous causes. The more common causes are incompatible or misbehaving web pages/sites and/or network problems. Others causes are browser bugs and resource problems.

You should determine if the problem happens with some web pages and not others.

Some browsers do not behave well if you open up too many concurrent tabs.

You can try other browsers. Opera Mobile is the most stable and reliable browser that I have found. Try that with the same sites/pages that you are having problems with.

If the problem happens frequently with all browsers and all web sites/pages, then you could have a network problem, or possibly a resource problem on your tablet. By resource problem, I mean that you could be running one or more apps that use too much background CPU and interfere with other functions.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks I will try the browser you suggested

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    This can have numerous causes. The more common causes are incompatible or misbehaving web pages/sites and/or network problems. Others causes are browser bugs and resource problems.

You should determine if the problem happens with some web pages and not others.

Some browsers do not behave well if you open up too many concurrent tabs.

You can try other browsers. Opera Mobile is the most stable and reliable browser that I have found. Try that with the same sites/pages that you are having problems with.

If the problem happens frequently with all browsers and all web sites/pages, then you could have a network problem, or possibly a resource problem on your tablet. By resource problem, I mean that you could be running one or more apps that use too much background CPU and interfere with other functions.
    . I am now using Opera Mobile and it works great. Thank you so much for responding to this thread.
    Mrhelper likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I switched to Opera and now I'm not getting the "brouser not responding " message. It's so much better now.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will recommend you to download it again your browser, might be you have downloaded some faulty browser. I was in same problem my friend recommended me to download it again and after doing that it all went well.

Ads