• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is it worth updating ?

I have an A500 that I have recently bought. It is stuck on Android 3.01 and wont update See this thread. It appears that the only way I can update to a newer OS is by "risky" unofficial methods.

My question is: Is it worth the hassle of trying to update to a newer version ? What are the benefits if any, other than being able to say "I have the latest version of ICS" or whatever. I have read numerous threads about people encountering problems after installing updates so is the old adage of "If it aint broke dont fix it" applicable here, or is there a real benefit of updating to the latest OS ?

TIA

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, Od_job.
    What you need to do is go to Google Play Store. Key into the search field (Magnifying glass symbol) ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement.

The search function will return with the ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement application listed - it's free. Just click on it and install it.

Your A500 should then shortly afterwards automatically update to Android 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

All the best.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links