• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Acer "customer service"

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Acer "customer service"

So I have an A500 and yes, I bought it refurbished (probably my first mistake) but when the power button stopped working (the tab still works, I just cant turn it off or on) knowing that it was out of warranty i contacted Acer.

In short they refused to fix the tablet even though I was/am willing to pay for the repair and shipping to and from. See the idiotic conversation that ensued. I will admit was fairly frustrated with Acer by the time I started the chat.

Customer Service Rep: Hi, my name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. How may I help you?
    Me: I have an Acer iconia tab A500
    Customer Service Rep: Alright.
    Me: the power button has broken
    Me: it needs to be repaired
    Customer Service Rep: I understand your concern, I will provide you with the required information.
    Me: the tab is out of warranty... by 1 month!
    Customer Service Rep: I have checked the product information and verified that the computer is registered with Teleplan Logistics.
    Customer Service Rep: Unfortunately, we do not have the resources or tools to check the product specifications for a product that is registered with Teleplan Logistics.
    Me: who are they
    Customer Service Rep: Teleplan Logistics remanufactures and have all the technical information and support for the product.
    Customer Service Rep: The company receives thousands of desktops, notebooks, and monitors returned from retailers across the USA due to defects.
    Customer Service Rep: The Revonate team then inspects the units, tests them and performs any repairs if needed. Upon completion, those units that are validated and tested OK in the final inspection are repackaged and sold.
    Customer Service Rep: This asset has been sold to Teleplan Logistics who is fully responsible for all support.
    Me: since the device is out of warranty... i just want to pay for the repair
    Customer Service Rep: In this regard I recommend you to contact Teleplan Logistics support.
    Customer Service Rep: I understand, Shawn.
    Customer Service Rep: Unfortunately, we do not have the resources or tools to check the product specifications for a product that is registered with Teleplan Logistics.
    Me: so i would like Acer to take my money and effect the repari
    Me: repair
    Me: what does that even mean?
    Me: its a freaking iconia A500
    Me: what SPECS do you need to check
    Me: just give me the info on how to ship to Acer for a repair and I will provide a credit card number
    Customer Service Rep: This is a product which has been legally registered to the Teleplan logistics.
    Me: WHO CARES!!!! it has ACER written all over it
    Me: you do repair Iconias right
    Me: you know how to
    Me: you do repair others
    Me: you are a business that accepts money right
    Customer Service Rep: Yes, we do, but this is a teleplan registered product.
    Me: so you cant repair a teleplan product becuse they will beat you up of you do?
    Me: how do I contact teleplan
    Customer Service Rep: I will surely provide you all the contact details.
    Customer Service Rep: Thank you for understanding my situation.
    Customer Service Rep: The required technical assistance would be provided by Teleplan Logistics, so please contact them at 1-866-243-1450. They will be available from Monday to Friday 09:30 AM to 10:00 PM (EST) and Saturday 10:30 AM to 04:00 PM (EST).
    Me: I dont understand...
    Me: this is assinine
    Customer Service Rep: If I had resource and access I would have surely helped you.
    Customer Service Rep: I am sorry that I am unable to help you at this point of time.
    Me: I would totally understand if it was a warranty repair
    Me: but its not
    Customer Service Rep: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Me: so ACER isnt out anything if they take my money and fix it
    Me: thanks for the info
    Me: not for the "service"
    Customer Service Rep: You are welcome.
    Customer Service Rep: As a consumer myself, I can understand how inconvenient it could be.
    You have disconnected.

Obviously Acer CS is lacking.
    j_medved likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    y, I've had a couple of those type of conversations with them. They are completely useless, as is Teleplan support. I know someone that got a Toshiba Thrive Refurbished (same exact place as the Acer) and didn't have any problem getting Toshiba support.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    This is sadly what will keep Acer a second tier manufacturer
    They make good stuff, but the support is terrible
    j_medved likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So my day pretty much sucked as well. I have an Acer A501, about 3 months old running Android 3.2 Went to attempt to update to ICS and the system tells me there is no update. Acer's web site tells me they posted ICS 6 months ago. So I chat with ACER TS:

Jegadish: Hi, my name is Jegadish. How may I help you?
    Pat McGuire: I have an A501 tablet presently reporting it is runnning Android 3.2. When I attempt to get it to update to Android 4.X it says there is no update? How do I force an ICS update?
    Jegadish: Don't worry. Let me see what best can be done today.
    Jegadish: May I know the SNID of the tablet?
    Pat McGuire: where would I find this?
    Jegadish: There is a label with the tablet’s SNID number on the underside of the MicroSD/SIM card cover
    Jegadish: May I know the SNID of the tablet?
    Pat McGuire: 13818053415 Very small hard to read. Hope I got it correct
    Jegadish: Thank you.
    Pat McGuire: Ah, I found it in the systems setting report as well. I have the number correct.
    Jegadish: I have checked the product information and verified that the computer is registered with Teleplan Logistics. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources or tools to check the product specifications for a product that is registered with Teleplan Logistics.
    Pat McGuire: Who is teleplan logistics? I purchased this device.
    Jegadish: The required technical assistance would be provided by Teleplan Logistics, so please contact them at 1-877-330-6820 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday CST)
    Jegadish: Teleplan Logistics remanufactures and have all the technical information and support for the product. Please contact the above given number for further queries. The company receives thousands of desktops, notebooks, and monitors returned from retailers across the USA due to defects. The Revonate team then inspects the units, tests them and performs any repairs if needed. Upon completion, those units that are validated and tested OK in the final inspection are repackaged and sold.
    Jegadish: This asset has been sold to Teleplan Logistics who is fully responsible for all support.
    In this regard I recommend you to contact Teleplan Logistics support.
    Jegadish: Pat, to conclude I have suggested to contact the Teleplan logistics support and the phone number has been provided. If there are no additional questions on this topic, I will close the chat session.
    Jegadish: It was nice chatting with you.
    Pat McGuire: Hmm - I will give them a call as a start. I am unhappy. Acer clearly sold this unit to Teleplan and then seems to have abandoned responsibility to support their product?

Jegadish: Teleplan Logistics remanufactures and have all the technical information and support for the product. Please contact the above given number for further queries. The company receives thousands of desktops, notebooks, and monitors returned from retailers across the USA due to defects. The Revonate team then inspects the units, tests them and performs any repairs if needed. Upon completion, those units that are validated and tested OK in the final inspection are repackaged and sold.
    Pat McGuire: I got it. Won't be bying Acer products anymore
    Jegadish: Thank you for using Acer Live Chat.
    Jegadish has disconnected.

So, anyone else have any ideas here? I bought an ACER device. ACER sold the damn thing to Teleplan Logistics and it was sold as an ACER device to me with no mention of the lack of warranty or service. Apparently ACER has logged this device as unsupported and hence my inability to get the ICS update. What a piece of apcray ACER seems to be.

Astrobuf

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb wow

#1 u bought refurbished so you really didn't have a warranty with Acer anymore, because a third party "refurbished" it. The warranty from Acer is voided when anyone besides Acer opens it up.
    #2 I have gotten my Acer iconia repaired several times and they include a username for their Reps so instead of making up shit or rewording and posting, why didn't you just copy and paste the real conversation which would say the "Customer Service Rep"'s user name not Customer Service Rep.
    #3 long-story short, NEVER under any circumstances buy refurbished and expect the Acer warranty, who u did not buy the device from in the first place. You should have checked if it came with a limited warranty from the company you bought it from before you bought it. That being said, I do feel sorry for you, but I really just do not know what you expected when you bought a refurbished device from a third party.
    #4 I have ice cream sandwich... but I bought my Acer from Walmart brand new. So either both u guys bought refurbished or something because my a500 is supported from Acer and my warranty is active until 08/28/2012, which reminds me.. I gotta extend my warranty online lol.
    So I really don't understand your problem but it seems to stem from the fact that you bought refurbished.

Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    So I have an A500 and yes, I bought it refurbished (probably my first mistake) but when the power button stopped working (the tab still works, I just cant turn it off or on) knowing that it was out of warranty i contacted Acer.

In short they refused to fix the tablet even though I was/am willing to pay for the repair and shipping to and from. See the idiotic conversation that ensued. I will admit was fairly frustrated with Acer by the time I started the chat.

Customer Service Rep: Hi, my name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. How may I help you?
    Me: I have an Acer iconia tab A500
    Customer Service Rep: Alright.
    Me: the power button has broken
    Me: it needs to be repaired
    Customer Service Rep: I understand your concern, I will provide you with the required information.
    Me: the tab is out of warranty... by 1 month!
    Customer Service Rep: I have checked the product information and verified that the computer is registered with Teleplan Logistics.
    Me: who are they
    Customer Service Rep: Teleplan Logistics remanufactures and have all the technical information and support for the product.
    Customer Service Rep: The company receives thousands of desktops, notebooks, and monitors returned from retailers across the USA due to defects.
    Customer Service Rep: The Revonate team then inspects the units, tests them and performs any repairs if needed. Upon completion, those units that are validated and tested OK in the final inspection are repackaged and sold.
    Customer Service Rep: This asset has been sold to Teleplan Logistics who is fully responsible for all support.
    Me: since the device is out of warranty... i just want to pay for the repair
    Customer Service Rep: In this regard I recommend you to contact Teleplan Logistics support.
    Customer Service Rep: I understand, Shawn.
    Me: so i would like Acer to take my money and effect the repari
    Me: repair
    Me: what does that even mean?
    Me: its a freaking iconia A500
    Me: what SPECS do you need to check
    Me: just give me the info on how to ship to Acer for a repair and I will provide a credit card number
    Customer Service Rep: This is a product which has been legally registered to the Teleplan logistics.
    Me: WHO CARES!!!! it has ACER written all over it
    Me: you do repair Iconias right
    Me: you know how to
    Me: you do repair others
    Me: you are a business that accepts money right
    Customer Service Rep: Yes, we do, but this is a teleplan registered product.
    Me: so you cant repair a teleplan product becuse they will beat you up of you do?
    Me: how do I contact teleplan
    Customer Service Rep: I will surely provide you all the contact details.
    Customer Service Rep: Thank you for understanding my situation.
    Customer Service Rep: The required technical assistance would be provided by Teleplan Logistics, so please contact them at 1-866-243-1450. They will be available from Monday to Friday 09:30 AM to 10:00 PM (EST) and Saturday 10:30 AM to 04:00 PM (EST).
    Me: I dont understand...
    Me: this is assinine
    Customer Service Rep: If I had resource and access I would have surely helped you.
    Customer Service Rep: I am sorry that I am unable to help you at this point of time.
    Me: I would totally understand if it was a warranty repair
    Me: but its not
    Customer Service Rep: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Me: so ACER isnt out anything if they take my money and fix it
    Me: thanks for the info
    Me: not for the "service"
    Customer Service Rep: You are welcome.
    Customer Service Rep: As a consumer myself, I can understand how inconvenient it could be.
    You have disconnected.

Obviously Acer CS is lacking.
    Last edited by Sloan; 08-23-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: saw the guy mad about no OS update for acer a500 but i definately got that a long time ago

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Sloan,

1) at the time of sale, there is no indication that the warranty provided (90 days) on the refurbished tablet is from someone other than Acer. The sale specifically states "Factory Refurbished", which usually means the manufacturer, not some 3rd party. I frequently purchased refurbished products and this was the first time that anyone other than the manufacturer handled support.

2) there is nothing to warrant your assumption that the manufacturer warranty has been voided. In fact, everything I see points to Acer selling the devices to Teleplan cheaply with the agreement that they handle all support. If a 3rd party just bought up a bunch of devices elsewhere, Acer wouldn't conveniently have every one of their serial #s on file flagged as belonging to that 3rd party.

3) Acer doesn't just "not offer warranty" on these devices. They support them less than your regular out of warranty products. They refuse to even talk to you or do any kind of out of warranty repair that they would regularly charge for.

4) I don't see anything wrong with obscuring the name of the tech support rep in the conversation. Doing so does not somehow make that conversation made up. That is the EXACT script that they use for Teleplan devices. I know from first hand experience and I DO have the original transcripts

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ACER Cust Service sucks.

So, just who do you think "factory Authorized" the refurb of the A501 - ACER. When these units are sold, they are advertised as ACER Factury Authorized refurbished. Indeed, these units were returned to ACER as boat anchors due to some QC problem that ACER had caused. ACER then chooses to salvage their value by refurbing them and release them back onto the market. Irresponsibly, they then refuse to support the machines they in fact put back onto the market.

Theres somethign very rotten here and I hope some sharpy figures out how to Class ACtion sue ACER. IT's clearly a bait and switch operation.

No one else does this.

Astrobuf

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have nothing nice to say about the ACER customer service. Every encounter I have with them is frustrating because they do not understand our language that well, and give canned answers that sound like they are reading them off of a template, some are which not even appropriate for the problem you are having! For example, I have an Iconia a100. The power connection inside the tablet is malfunctioning. I was told on the first call that my tablet was out of warranty. I called back a second time and was told by the SAME rep that it was under warranty!!! I have on numerous occasions suggested to ACER that they move customer service to the United States, not just for better quality but for providing jobs for the people that buy their products. If I had known ahead of time, this CS was based somewhere in India, I would've never purchased the tablet.

If anyone from ACER reads this post: YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ACER PRODUCT BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i hv acer iconia a100 and it will only work when plug

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Can certainly sympathize with the people who posted their experiences here. Bought another brand tablet and really began to wonder about it when I kept seeing the word "refurbished" when looking at my account on the service provider's website. I never inquired, partly because I did not really want to find out that I had paid full price for something that was not really new, only new to me. This one situation, though, helped me to make the decision that I will never deal with them again, ever, as in never. Thank goodness that I haven't needed service on the tablet to date. I would probably be encouraged to take it to a store and throw it at someone behind the counter. For that kind of money, I think I would be entitled to that much satisfaction.

Ads