• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

best anti glare screen protector?

Looking for the best screen protector for my a500. I would like to be able to read outside, in the car, in bright rooms, etc. It is impossible to do with the tab as is or with a regular protector! The less it distorts the screen resolution the better, but I'm sure that is a given. Thanks so much in advance!
    Acer Iconia A500 3.2.1 7.014.02
    Asus Nexus 7 32 GB
    Samsung Galaxy S (soon to be S III)

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Here is one that seems to work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004Y0...7687552&sr=8-1

-end of line-

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Rob. Ordered a couple for my tablets. Having reduced glare will be nice.
    2 x A500 16gb
    2 x iPad 3 64gb

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

screen protector

I am sure that there are other as good, but I have this brand on my A500's and other devices. One is about a year old and still perfect. I purchased a 3 pack for each tablet, thinking they would wear quickly. I still have a pile of unopened packages as the original shield is still on each tablet. They went on with zero bubbles and fit very well. The surface is super smooth on the fingers, but there is a reduction in screen brightness (as to be expected) I like the matte finish.

http://www.amazon.com/GreatShield-An...7903085&sr=8-4

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Rob, I got the screen protectors. They are pretty easy to put on, if you lock yourself in the bathroom. 1 spec of dust is a bubble that can't be removed. I ended up with a few tiny bubbles on each, but they really can't be seen after a day. They work fantastic with the glare, but you do sacrifice a little screen clarity.
    2 x A500 16gb
    2 x iPad 3 64gb

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    I think that is that case with all screen protectors (clarity), I guess as long as they work is ok since you can adjust the display brightness on the tab.

Thanks for reporting though.

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Any1 know if you can find a nice 1 on ebay?

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2
    Woe to those poor souls that know neither victory nor defeat, those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight. -Theodore Roosevelt

Moral: Nothing ventured in life, nothing gained!

Acer Iconia A500

Twitter - #LordZilo

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I finally put on the PosRUs anti-glare protector after switching from the Acase standard one. The glare improvement is wonderful, as well fingerprints are not as noticeable although I use a stylus. I have one of the great shield protectors on a different device, and it seems to me to PosRUs protector has less of an effect on screen quality. I'm actually quite pleased....

Although I would have never named my company PosRUs, Pos has a bad meaning most of the time.... :-)

Jon

PS good trick if you have a piece of dust after application, use a piece of Scotch tape to lift the protector very slightly, and slide a different piece of tape underneath to catch the dust ... works wonders!
    Last edited by VegasConehead; 06-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Do these screen protectors hamper in any way the sensitiveness of the touch screen? I too find reading stuff on the A500 a real pain when outside - in tropical countries it is a real problem as you can very well imagine. I have been thinking about screen protectors, but have shied away from them thus far.

Edit: I too prefer matte screens, which is what I have on my laptops. Can't tabs be made with matte screens or with some screen technology that either kills or reduces the glare. Turning up the brightness of the screen is all and well, but if I am working outside for over 7-8 hours, I find my battery seriously depleted and I really don't want to cart around Acer's bulky charger.
    Last edited by kristalsoldier; 06-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by secondshells View Post
    Attachment 1102
    No it doesn't hamper any of the sensitivity of the screen. Screen Protectors were made to protect your tablet. Here is a sample photo of how the different screen protectors will look on your screen.
    Thanks. Can't work out the glare comparison from the pic. Would it be possible for you to put up a bigger (and/ or better) image? Cheers!

Ads