• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By gary
  • 1 Post By Mrhelper
  • 1 Post By RugerRedhawk
  • 2 Post By Frederuco
  • 4 Post By kernschatten

Thread: Since ICS, I can't access Google. Play Store or Gmail. How do I contact a live person

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Since ICS, I can't access Google. Play Store or Gmail. How do I contact a live person

I get a notice saying that my Gmail acct has been deactivated. In addition to the Appstore I now also cannot access my Gmail, which ive been using as my primary email acct. for years. I cant even access it on my iPhone.

Every Help. Link on Google's site just directs me to text and explanations, none of which address my specific problem. Unlike Amazon, there doesn't appear to be any phone number or even option for I'M help from a rep or anything.

Does this have some relation to the Acer Sync not working which ive been reading about in other posts here on the forum or is it more related to the fact that I eliminated the. refoccurence of the double notification. problems which i initially had after setting up the tablet after purchase?

This is really effecting my life adversely since my Gmail acct. has been my primary email address ever since Gmail started about 10 yrs. ago so just waiting around for this to somehow sort itself out is not as simple as some little app not working properly after an update. Because I can't access the Appstore, I cant update anything at all.

Hopefully someone knows of a way fore to contact Google directly since I'm pretty sure that Acer cant do anything about this issue.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I'm not sure if this will help,but can you access your google account?

Recover your google account - philridout's Google Sites help site
    Buttonstc likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    You probably do not need a person at Google to fix this for you. It seems possible that your Gmail account password may have automatically been disabled because you entered it wrong too many times. This is a security feature to protect your account.

You can reset the password by following the instructions at: www.google.com/accounts/recovery

Choose the "forgot password" option, and it will walk you through questions to verify your identity. If for some reason you cannot satisfactorily verify your identity, nor have an alternate email or cell number registered on Google, then your best, and possibly only other choice would be to register for a new account. Hopefully you registered your account recovery information properly though when reminded by Google several times to do so, and this will all work out.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 05-10-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Buttonstc likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    This has nothing to do with acer or ICS, but your google account has been deactivated. Please be sure to back up your emails!
    Buttonstc likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate. the help from you all and figured you might like an update.

Apparently, somehow it still recognized my tablet and i was presented with a screen to change my password. I did and apparently thats all it took. I can only surmise that maybe someone tried to hack my acct. or something.

For some weird reason I still cant access Gmail from my iPhone but im overdue for an upgrade, so ill lot one of the guys at the Genius bar figure it out and restore order to the universe. At least thats one clear cut advantage of iPhone. It includes a free warranty good for phone line or Applestore support.

What on earth do folks with Android phones do when encountering problems? Just curious.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttonstc View Post
    What on earth do folks with Android phones do when encountering problems? Just curious.
    They go harass the carrier and get frustrated that the guys in the store and on the phones don't know anything but how to do a factory reset.

Then they go home and use Google and find an awesome forum with helpful members and get it squared away with them.
    UltraDroid and Buttonstc like this.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttonstc View Post
    We don't have problems.

Honestly, I have never used tech support for any Android device. The few issues that I have encountered have easily been solved at forums like this one. The Android support community is fantastic.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    SGS2E4GT, A500, Galaxy Player 5.0, A100, A200, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links