• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine also says A501 and 3g sku.. And also have cell radio battery drain.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A501. Cell drain @11%. If you watch one of the reviews, she talks about the tape over the sim card slot. They did this due to no actual hardware for the sim card to slide into. So if you try to put one in it will just rattle around inside the case. Can anyone confirm?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK so I too have a 501, with the sticker cover. Has anyone tried to insert a sim card to see what happens? I have an extra for my prepaid phone that I may try. Also using cell (16%).

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so i have a german 32gb a500, checked my model id and it's A500. SKU is WiFibut i also have the problem with cell standby. For me display is the main drainer with 49% directly followed by cell standby with 29% :-(

wifi is third with 14% (always on)

hopefully acer will actively continue developing on the tablet as its a great piece of hardware
    :-)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimFPU View Post
    OK so I too have a 501, with the sticker cover. Has anyone tried to insert a sim card to see what happens? I have an extra for my prepaid phone that I may try. Also using cell (16%).

There is no sim card slot behind the tape. If you try to put one in it will drop inside.

Acer really needs to address this issue. My battery life is miserable and I am sure it would not be so if cell standby wasn't draining the battery.
    Last edited by Garemlin; 05-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    A500 for me

Port Atlantis: Planet Calypso

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine was listed as a501 when I got it but when I looked today it is now 500. Must have been updated automatically. Try putting it in airplane mode and then reenble wif. Just read about this elsewhere and i am going to try it. I know putting it in airplane with wifi off does wonders for battery life.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok so I couldn't sleep and with nothing to do I got a hold of someone at Acer. Here is what they said,
    The A501/A500 model tablet supports 3G connection.
    You may insert SIM card via MicroSD/SIM card slot which is located underside of the tablet. Please visit the link given below to have the product view:

Acer Support: Bottom View

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilbetterrun View Post
    Ok so I couldn't sleep and with nothing to do I got a hold of someone at Acer. Here is what they said,
    The A501/A500 model tablet supports 3G connection.
    You may insert SIM card via MicroSD/SIM card slot which is located underside of the tablet. Please visit the link given below to have the product view:

Acer Support: Bottom View

Baw haw haw!!!! That is funny. They were reading the manual off of their screen. Don't even know the wifi version doesn't have a sim card slot. Just an empty space. That is why I bypassed and wanted Level 2 support. At least they were a little help and not just robots reading a teleprompter.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    LoL took them awhile but hey they tried. Now what I want to know but can't get from them is some people say they pulled back that tap and when they put the sim card in it went bye bye. Now was that cause it was just a A500 model or what cause I would love to know if this mean we can use a AT&T sim card unlimited 3G data for $20/month without contract and what size sim card. If anyone has any luck let use know asap, People at Acer just got me more amped up then I want to be right now LoL
    Last edited by Devilbetterrun; 05-14-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links