• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

should I update to ICS now or just wait?

I've had my tablet less than a month. I'm nervous about messing it up! One big reason is I got it for an upcoming trip so I don't want to have to send it to Acer if something goes wrong. I got my prompt to upgrade early and had I done it then I wouldn't have known about the app that you are suppose to download first. For awhile I had the same issue that alot of people had, "poor signal" when I checked update. Now the prompts to update are back and I'm not sure what to do. Is the update really risky? I'm pretty happy with what I have. Thanks for any advice in advance, this is a great forum!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Do it, if you can!

edit: my A500 updated a few days ago (Thurs?) without a hitch, well before we started seeing this 'poor signal' issue...so the file is good, if you can access it.
    Last edited by alphawave7; 04-30-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Do it, if you can!

edit: my A500 updated a few days ago (Thurs?) without a hitch, well before we started seeing this 'poor signal' issue...so the file is good, if you can access it.
    Oh well, I've missed my chance for now. Signal has gone back to poor

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    It seems worth it to me, and I use mine for business. Citrix receiver and Concur business expense both work great on ICS. so I am golden.

But honestly, I dont see how their will not be at least one bug fix release.
    There are enough small issues to fix for Acer that I suspect we will see at least one release.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm gonna wait this out. I have no real compelling reason to update atm and would rather see if Acer addresses some of the issues I've read about, before I jump. If only there were an easy way to revert back to Honeycomb in event of problems. . . I'd be more willing to try ICS. . . I am also disappointed that the Acer Ring wasn't included as initial reports said it would be. Just my two cents.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If I had to do it over I would not of updated to ics . To many problems that I did not have before this update!!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Raptor, I was with you until I did a factory reset, and loaded back only the applications I need. I was an App horder and had a ton of apps on Honeycomb
    When I cleaned mine out with the factory reset, and only added back the apps I use, it is smooth now

There is a way to revert back but it is ugly.
    There is an old 3.01 update file on xda I think, that will set your tablet way back, then you need the stock 3.2.1

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I would do it, it's a pretty significant improvement in UI speed.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links