• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trying to decide which tablet to buy - A500, A200, Ipad 2

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Actually that's not true. Flash can be easily watched via the Skyfire browser on an iPad. It's just so sad to see Android tablets hang their hat on an obsolete and unsafe standard. It reminds me of my Dad trying to buy a PC that still has a floppy drive. Adobe is abandoning Flash and Android's own Chrome browser does not support Flash.

Flash has become a major security flaw on mobile and the desktop and is known to cause instability (not to mention killing battery life). In fact it is much safer to run Flash videos through the Skyfire browser because it is filtered for malware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Adobe is abandoning Flash.......key word IS
    Today, a tablet that only allows some Flash functionality through a proprietary browser emulator, is a handicapped device. Ah, and those features are not offered freely because Skyfire must dedicate their own servers for that task.

I have been enjoying free streaming live TV, movies, etc. since last June. That would have been impossible had I chosen an iPad 2 instead of the A500.
    Last edited by doublesixes; 04-05-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have an iPad 2 & the A500...The iPad is a VERY plain device, basically the app drawer from Android is the iOS, navigation can be a pain (no back button or nav buttons other than the hardware home button on the ipad itself.). However it IS very smooth, apps are designed very well (at least as far as iOS allows it to be)

The A500 stock is less smooth & polished than the iPad BUT navigation is SO intuitive and of course, customization is second to none on Android! Fast forward to ICS, I am running Thor's ICS with Cornerstone and it is VERY smooth & fast! I mean it is VERY close to iOS...not quite there but when you look at the price differences between iPads & Android tabs it is the BETTER bang for the buck. I am running LiquidSmooth v1.25 ICS for my Galaxy Nexus and all my iPhone fanboy friends are AMAZED at how that phone feels! So I think ICS will be the beginning Android OS being at least AS GOOD as iOS. The only thing android needs to fix is battery life on 4g...but we'll see what Apple can do now that the new ipad is 4g and only getting 10hrs while the wifi version gets 2+days on battery.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well as an owner of the A500 and Mac user (Primary, Win 7 laptop) you can rule out the last one in my opinion. I even had the both of them #1 & #3 in my hand at the store, no USB & No MicroSd no way. BTW: in IT for over 30 years so I have a little experience, my Acer even reads my external 640GB drive and uses the NTFS file system. If you don't need the rear camera (which I have only played with a little my phone HTC EVO 3D takes great pic's) then the 200 might be great since the back is supposed to have a non slip grip. Check them all out at BB or a local store first. Also my friend just got the A500 from CompUSA for $260 Reburb so far so good.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links