• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort

Thread: Free mp3 downloader!!??? WTH??

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Free mp3 downloader!!??? WTH??

Woke up my tablet this morning and noticed a little green android in the notification area.
    It said that there is a new application that let's me download music for free and the link sends me to the market for the app "free mp3 downloader" here:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ZGVyLmZyZWUiXQ..
    I'm not crazy enuff to install it but how did the icon with link show up in my notification area?
    Am I infected??

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FWIW, ive been using MP3 Downloader for about a month with no problems.

I found it in the market by myself so didn't get any notification. Not sure how you got the notification, but my best guess is good old advertising.

There are some apps which contain a fairly ubiquitous ad service which sends ads to your notification tray. Phone people particularly are livid about this and promptly delete any app discovered containing this program.

But theres a very helpful app in the market called, I believe, ADD ON DETECTOR. It goes over your list of apps for all types of things added with a section for ad programs.

Ill look for the name of the most egregious add program and company and edit it in.

EDIT: OK Name of the chief offender is AIRPUSH Just do a search and you'll see many posts of those who are outraged by this company and their methods. And it seems especially widely used by MP3 type of apps.

So there is probably another ordinary app you have where the developer has chose to use AIRPUSH and thats whats generating the notices about the app you mentioned.

I. See very few of these and basically ignore them. Perhaps I might feel differently if I had an android phone but on my tablet they simply aren't that unbearable to me personally. But to each his own
    Last edited by Buttonstc; 01-29-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    That is probably the wrong one, the one you are looking for is bellow....

https://market.android.com/details?i...mFwcC5sdWNrIl0.

Sent from Rob's Atrix
    Buttonstc likes this.
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good catch, Rob

I had forgotten all about that. Since I always get my apps right from the market and Outlook scans each one right away, I had forgotten about that warning from the developer.

Part of the problem is that there are SO MANY of these music download apps with very similar names, its really difficult to keep them straight. And some even change their icon pic midstream compounding things further.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the Information about the ad services in common software.
    I too have no problem using software that includes ads if I know about it before installation.
    But for software to just alert you to the availability of another piece of software thru the notification bar, I find that a little intrusive.
    I downloaded and ran "addon Detector" and, frankly, I have no idea which of the thirty apps returned is the culprit.
    I guess its really not that big of a deal as long as it doesn't effect the security of my devices.
    By the way, the link in the original post is pointing to the software that the notification was advertising (And apparently there are some who suggest its not safe either).
    Maybe this open market thing isn't so good after all?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi guys from long days me too searching for good downloader I found it now , I used to download songs with itube app music downloader on my mobile. we can use this app on PC with the bluestacks emulator as written on that blog

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links