• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taking the tab in the classroom

Since a new semester started, and I just purchased my tablet not too long ago (ok guys you're right, I didn't buy it I just got it for christmas )

I was wondering if anybody had brought there tablet into the classroom just as many other students bring in netbooks. What do you think the advantages and disadvantages are compared to netbooks? Obviously portability but what about productivity? What are some of the apps you would use?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    A good file manager and Office app like Astro File Manager/Documents to Go would be the first pick. I would also include a note taking application like Color Note which sinc with your Google calendar. PrintShare in case you need to print something quick connecting to a cloud, Bluetooth or,wireless network printer and Cam Scanner for scanning documents, all very useful in class.

Sent From Rob's RP-Hybrid Atrix.
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have astro and color note I only use for quick lists. I'm waiting on a OneNote port. Pretty powerful program

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I would use Evernote

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use evernote, filemanager hd, docs to go and kingsoft office when taking my iconia to college. And I also use it to study the pdf and ppt files at home.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The tab is lighter and has more battery life. I would get a keyboard if you want to take notes, as I have to stare at the screen to type. Docs to go, dropbox, and Mindjet are useful. I transcribe notes to Mindjet for study. I do seem to have more trouble keeping a connection at school with wifi, though i suspect it's a problem on their end as I have no trouble staying connected at home.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kuo34 View Post
    The tab is lighter and has more battery life. I would get a keyboard if you want to take notes, as I have to stare at the screen to type. Docs to go, dropbox, and Mindjet are useful. I transcribe notes to Mindjet for study. I do seem to have more trouble keeping a connection at school with wifi, though i suspect it's a problem on their end as I have no trouble staying connected at home.
    Probably because of the many connections, I have had the same 'problem' at school. But since a couple of weeks they made seperate connections and now its fixed.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    An Acer bluetooth keyboard would be a good idea. You might also consider a pad and pencil. As a once teacher
    Who has spent time in many classes,in under grad and grad school (12 yrs) I suggest you evaluate which medium
    works best for you. If using a notebook or tab takes more attention away from the lecture or discussion than the
    Old paper and pencil might be better. What kind of notes do you take? Detailed, key words and phrases? You're
    paying to be there to learn not to play with your gadgets. I prefer to use handwritten notes, doodles etc and
    then input them to a computer later; the redundancy helps you remember and think about what was discussed in
    class. That's my lecture but at 75 I know less than I used to.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    @jlsholiday...Absolutely correct and well said. A lot has to happen before we - or at least l - will be able to replace paper and pencils with tabs and gadgets. At the work place things are slightly different.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you are using your Acer in a class, try recording the lecture.
    Look into Speech to text apps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links