• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue, low audio Tx level, in or out of it's Acer case. I have been searching threads for a cure.
    Looks as though there may have been faulty batch.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BKAlley View Post
    Mine works great for voice recognition. I turned down the gain for calls and it helped with the echo. I'd still use a headset if I use it more for calling.
    Where and how did you adjust the mic gain as I am unable to find any adjustment.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having a very hard time with Talk as the mic volume on my Iconia is very low and quality very poor. I wonder if this is a hardware or software issue. In any case this is bad news because I use the video chat app a lot. Come on Acer, send an update to solve this serious flaw.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally found my microphone slot, right in the middle where the glass meets the plastic. My screen protector was covering it, so I snipped a small section out and presto! the mic is now usable,
    Still not as loud as I would like, but at least usable. My Acer case covers the mic slot as well, but appears to make little difference.

I agree with doublesixes, it's time Acer corrected this problem.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The microphone is situated at the top edge of the tablet , just to the right of the place where the microcard is to be inserted, it is a very small ( nearly square hole )

practically invisible to the naked eye, you have to hold the tablet at a certain angle to see it. The sound is really abominable with skype, but on the internal

recorder it is pretty well ok. I have been in contact with Acer Computers here in Holland, they are apparently aware of the microphone problem, it has been

submitted to a Research Centre, and they expect an update or some other solution to the problem, when they did not say.

The Acer case is indeed a problem , because the top edge covers the microphone, which in fact makes the problem even worse, I did not mention this in my

correspondence.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the A501 and have the same problem with awful sound and background noise.....hope there is a fix for it soon,it is most disappointing.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When I tried a microphone check on Fring and Skype I thought it wasn't recording well enough for a conversation. But when I talked with my coworker on Skype she said it was very clear on her end. Haven't had occasion to use it since then.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Known issue with these. People need to make sure they lodge complaints about it until Acer addresses it
    I have access to damaged units, and I own two myself
    One works fine
    The other does not after two board replacements and microphone swaps
    I think it is a software issue since voice search works fine

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am starting to think it's software related too.
    Try this.
    Use the voice recorder application, my result is low volume and muffled speech.
    Then try the camcorder application, my result is clear speech and reasonable volume.
    Go figure!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In my opinion it is a software issue.

In Skype and Gtalk I get this tapping or croaking sound when making calls - even just a test call in Skype. If I record using Recorder or Tape-a-Talk the recording is pretty clear with no strange audio artifacts!

This has been the case with my first and second A500!

I also have the Acer Protective Case which covers the mic .... but this is not the main issue... as with or without the case Skype and Gtalk remain unusable for calls!

Both tablets are running 3.2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links