• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

help please! My acer a500 cant find my wifi..

im new here & im sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place, ive just brought a acer a500 tablet after weeks of looking at reviews & what not, im really happy with my item, but for some reason i when searching for my wifi, the tablet does not seem to find it, im on my wifi now writing this, also my phones connected & working but for some reason my a500 aint finding it, it does however find other wifi networks around my area so ino it works & i have it on, if anybody has any ideas please share them. thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    are you using a 802.11 a, g or n - I have to modify my 'n' wireless hub to run at 2.4 instead 5.8 (forgive me if I got .x digit wrong - not at home at this time)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I run two reapeters off my wireless router, not sure I agree , sounds to me like several things are using different sucurity protocals. I.E. (one using wep and another using wap) just my 2 cents

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    According the the a500 stats, i doesn't work on a networks, if I remember correctly. If you're using a router that's using that type of network, it might be time to invest on a $40 n- network router

Sent from my Droid X, which Netflix thinks is an HTC Vision!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You provide limited information and no information other than your A500 "ain't" finding it. If your device is seeing or connecting to other wifi networks then they are probably open networks, i.e. McDonald's, Starbucks, etc.

I would suggest you find your SSID, your password and your encryption type which you already have setup and duplicate those specs on the A500.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    He stated that it doesn't find the network, which leads me to believe it can't see it at all, which leads me to believe its an unsupported network type (aka, wireless a as opposed to b,g, or n). I do wish he'd reply regarding if anything worked.

Sent from my A500 using Thumb Keyboard

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was in Starbucks the other day and everyone was there on the wifi (Singapore). But the Iconia couldn't see the network at all. My Samsung netbook saw and connected fine.
    Seems there are some networks that it cannot see.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I was in Starbucks the other day and everyone was there on the wifi (Singapore). But the Iconia couldn't see the network at all. My Samsung netbook saw and connected fine.
    Seems there are some networks that it cannot see.

I had the same issue with my first unit within the same room, almost had to stand on top of my NEW dual-band n1 router.

Called acer support and they suggested to return/swap as some have a hardware wifi defect....

my second unit runs like a champ...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dpj2011 View Post
    im new here & im sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place, ive just brought a acer a500 tablet after weeks of looking at reviews & what not, im really happy with my item, but for some reason i when searching for my wifi, the tablet does not seem to find it, im on my wifi now writing this, also my phones connected & working but for some reason my a500 aint finding it, it does however find other wifi networks around my area so ino it works & i have it on, if anybody has any ideas please share them. thanks.
    I would do the same......

I had the same issue with my first unit within the same room, almost had to stand on top of my NEW dual-band n1 router.

Called acer support and they suggested to return/swap as some have a hardware wifi defect....

my second unit runs like a champ...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dpj2011 View Post
    Hi, I had the same promblem. I'm living in Sweden and my tablet is from US. On your router you have diffrent channels. US devices is capable of channels 1 to 10. European are capable of 1 to 13. If your router is on a higer channel then 10 your tablet won't find it. Go in to your router and change your channel to between 1-6 then you probebly will find you WiFi.

Hope this helps you

Ads