• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Updating ipod with acer tablet?

I have an ipod and an acer a500 tablet. I used to update my ipod on my computer which had itunes, now i dont have a compter to use besides my tablet. Whenever i plug my ipod into my tablet via usb, it just gives me an option to import images. So i know i cant get itunes on my acer (i think), how can i make it possible to update my ipod with my acer and put the music i download on my acer onto my ipod?
    Somebody pleaseeee help, i take my ipod everywhere and need my new tunes to listen to!
    Thanks guys. X

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can't do it the way you are describing. That is the problem with an Ipod, they are locked down. You cannot put Itunes on your A500. It sees your Ipod as a camera, which is the same as how the computer saw it. You can enable it to read your Ipod as mass storage and drag/drop files, but these files cannot be played as music.

You could jailbreak it and install an app which would make it possible. Apparently PwnTunes would work. It wouldn't replace Itunes, so you couldn't manage apps from your A500. It is not ideal and probably something not worth it unless you just don't have access to a computer anymore.

-EDIT- Assuming you still have access to your computer with your iTunes library, you best bet is to update your computer iTunes with the music from the Acer. This is a pretty easy process to get the music off your Acer and back to your Itunes. Just tell Itunes to keep your library updated and copy new music into your iTunes folder. Plug your A500 into your computer (or use a wireless FTP program like SwiFTP) and go to where the music is. Sort out the newest music and drag/drop it into iTunes. It will copy it to your computer. Then update your Ipod. Anything more entailed will be very technical, probably should do some research on your own for it.
    Last edited by gte105u; 10-24-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Acer Iconia Tab A500 | HTC Thunderbolt | Archos 70 250GB

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah i think i will give the jailbreaking option a go, thanks for your help

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links