• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Iconia A500 gets 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwhich upgrade.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all very interesting site here happy to be part of the community ICS has been something special from up to this point on, I've noticed a few tweaks here and there. One tweak that i've noticed is the battery lightning indicator used to go out and just a solid blue battery notification would remain upon full charge now post Honeycomb i've noticed that the battery lightning indicator stays on now even though the battery has fully charged (100%). Could this be a bug in the indicator? Or does anyone think they wanted to change it due to it technically still being plugged in, and in aspects should still have the lightning indicated. I perceive it as still charging when i don't see it turn off, followed by the solid blue battery. Anybody notice this one yet? And once again great site with lots of helping others good to see us Acer people sticking together.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Still no update in Southeastern Arizona. Has anyone in AZ received the ICS update? Not sure what is going on now as I did not have to wait this long for the roll out of the last major update. On the positive side, the Network Message finally cleared up. Yeah, yeah, I know patients my dear!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dick View Post
    Still no update in Southeastern Arizona. Has anyone in AZ received the ICS update? Not sure what is going on now as I did not have to wait this long for the roll out of the last major update. On the positive side, the Network Message finally cleared up. Yeah, yeah, I know patients my dear!
    Go to the Play Store and search for "Iconia Tab Update Enhancement". You may have to update it, and occasionally updates don't appear in the downloaded applications section for whatever reason. After that go back to Settings>About tablet>System update>Check now. Hopefully that gets you your delicious Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Application issues

Stopping back by with a progress report:

1. I never got an invite or an automatic upgrade, maybe due to running Thor?
    2. I downloaded the freely available update.zip and after using acer recovery to replace my stock recovery, I ran update.zip from the SD
    3. That step went fine, but I was one of the unfortunates stuck with a table that would reboot when WiFi enabled....
    4. stopped WiFi and went into setup and did a factory reset and now I have a fully functioning ICS

HOWEVER....some problems exist with my applications.

So far I have these problems:

1. News Republic shows no articles found. Was working fine with Honeycomb
    2. Tasks n Todos Pro, my favorite task program widget appears to install, but never shows up on the screen
    3. Google Voice Search "incompatible", what do you substitute with??
    4. YouTube was having difficulty launching videos, had to go back and then forward on my screens to refresh to continue

Any one else have problems like these, or solutions?

Thanks

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    On a side note, it's interesting to see how many ICS updates Archos is releasing.
    I got an older, Archos 70 and must say for the price they come out with some ok devices and the company seems to be very much ontop of things: Archos 80/101 G9

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Updated from XDA

I finally got tired of waiting for the OTA, so I downloaded the ICS OTA from: Download the official a500 OTA ICS upgrade - xda-developers

The download was slow, and finally completed. I moved the Update file to the Micro SD and followed the direction:

1/ rename the file as : update.zip
    2/ place the file on the micro sd card
    3/ turn off the tablet
    4/ press the down volume key and the power button at the same time untill the tablets turns on
    5/ the iconia will start the upgrade process by itself.

It worked great as it installed, rebooted without issue, and now I have ICS.

Not sure if anything failed to work, but checking it out now.

More later.
    Mozza likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dick View Post
    Updated from XDA

I finally got tired of waiting for the OTA, so I downloaded the ICS OTA from: Download the official a500 OTA ICS upgrade - xda-developers

The download was slow, and finally completed. I moved the Update file to the Micro SD and followed the direction:

1/ rename the file as : update.zip
    2/ place the file on the micro sd card
    3/ turn off the tablet
    4/ press the down volume key and the power button at the same time untill the tablets turns on
    5/ the iconia will start the upgrade process by itself.

It worked great as it installed, rebooted without issue, and now I have ICS.

Not sure if anything failed to work, but checking it out now.

More later.

Nice work - does your tablet need to be rooted to do this?
    _Dick likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    No, I was not rooted when I installed the ICS OTA from XDA.

Have not found any problem at all with my apps running.

Have fun.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I lost root in the process...working on getting root back now. Didn't realize until Titanium didn't install.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Testshot,

If you get it rooted, could you post what you did. I want to root mine now.

Thanks

Ads