Hello all very interesting site here happy to be part of the community ICS has been something special from up to this point on, I've noticed a few tweaks here and there. One tweak that i've noticed is the battery lightning indicator used to go out and just a solid blue battery notification would remain upon full charge now post Honeycomb i've noticed that the battery lightning indicator stays on now even though the battery has fully charged (100%). Could this be a bug in the indicator? Or does anyone think they wanted to change it due to it technically still being plugged in, and in aspects should still have the lightning indicated. I perceive it as still charging when i don't see it turn off, followed by the solid blue battery. Anybody notice this one yet? And once again great site with lots of helping others good to see us Acer people sticking together.
05-02-2012 07:47 PM
Still no update in Southeastern Arizona. Has anyone in AZ received the ICS update? Not sure what is going on now as I did not have to wait this long for the roll out of the last major update. On the positive side, the Network Message finally cleared up. Yeah, yeah, I know patients my dear!
Go to the Play Store and search for "Iconia Tab Update Enhancement". You may have to update it, and occasionally updates don't appear in the downloaded applications section for whatever reason. After that go back to Settings>About tablet>System update>Check now. Hopefully that gets you your delicious Ice Cream Sandwich.
Originally Posted by _Dick
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Stopping back by with a progress report:
1. I never got an invite or an automatic upgrade, maybe due to running Thor?
2. I downloaded the freely available update.zip and after using acer recovery to replace my stock recovery, I ran update.zip from the SD
3. That step went fine, but I was one of the unfortunates stuck with a table that would reboot when WiFi enabled....
4. stopped WiFi and went into setup and did a factory reset and now I have a fully functioning ICS
HOWEVER....some problems exist with my applications.
So far I have these problems:
1. News Republic shows no articles found. Was working fine with Honeycomb
2. Tasks n Todos Pro, my favorite task program widget appears to install, but never shows up on the screen
3. Google Voice Search "incompatible", what do you substitute with??
4. YouTube was having difficulty launching videos, had to go back and then forward on my screens to refresh to continue
Any one else have problems like these, or solutions?
On a side note, it's interesting to see how many ICS updates Archos is releasing.
I got an older, Archos 70 and must say for the price they come out with some ok devices and the company seems to be very much ontop of things: Archos 80/101 G9
Updated from XDA
I finally got tired of waiting for the OTA, so I downloaded the ICS OTA from: Download the official a500 OTA ICS upgrade - xda-developers
The download was slow, and finally completed. I moved the Update file to the Micro SD and followed the direction:
1/ rename the file as : update.zip
2/ place the file on the micro sd card
3/ turn off the tablet
4/ press the down volume key and the power button at the same time untill the tablets turns on
5/ the iconia will start the upgrade process by itself.
It worked great as it installed, rebooted without issue, and now I have ICS.
Not sure if anything failed to work, but checking it out now.
Originally Posted by _Dick
Nice work - does your tablet need to be rooted to do this?
No, I was not rooted when I installed the ICS OTA from XDA.
Have not found any problem at all with my apps running.
I lost root in the process...working on getting root back now. Didn't realize until Titanium didn't install.
If you get it rooted, could you post what you did. I want to root mine now.