• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why have a tablet if you have a Android phone or laptop?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Why have a tablet if you have a Android phone or laptop?

Some people that don't get it LoL Keep asking me why would you get a tablet if you already have a android phone and android on your laptop and your laptop works fine.
    I don't like flushing money away but having this makes even the little things fun again or something more to do. Why did you get one?
    Last edited by Devilbetterrun; 05-15-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone screen size is too small for easy reading and surfing. Laptops are too bulky in most situations. My A500 won't arrive until tomorrow, but I have been carrying my iPad around the house and find its much more convenient than a laptop - longer battery life, better screen, lighter, usable on exercise equipment, instant startup, less complicated for anyone to use.
    joeydownsouth likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Umm........a new toy to play with. I also wanted something I could browse the net with and not haul out my laptop. iPhone works great but very small screen.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have comptuers connected to my tv, a server for all my movies and music, a kick @$$ laptop that I use for my workstation at work that I take home. I have an iphone, the only thing missing was the tablet. But I must say, I like how easy it is to use, how light it is to carry around and the availability to get connected to any of my desktops through Logmein is awesome. For me, I got it so I can be more connected to what I love to do and that I don't have to rush home or have to wait for my laptop to startup.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Because I can now lay on the couch recovering from a night of too many IPAs, surfing the forums instead of sitting in front of my computer. Plus, I can.play around on this all day without it dying...cant say the same for a laptop

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    LoL How true for everyone! Some family of mine was like why? Hm well cause its awesome easy to move around and batter battery life. I love this thing even with no internet right now I'm having fun with it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Phone display size is too small for easy examining and online. Netbooks are too heavy in most situations. My A500 won't appear until the next day, but I have been having my iPad around the house and find its much more easy than a laptop - longer power supply, better screen, light, useful on fitness equipment, quick start-up, less complex for anyone to use.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    An interesting discussion. I have a related but different reason. I go back and forth between Maine and Maryland. I'm a software developer and work out of my two homes (I prefer the Maine mountains but on occasion I like visiting my kids in Baltimore). As it is, every time I make my monthly or bi-monthly trip, I have to pack up two laptops, two 24" monitors and a desktop computer (plus my wife's laptop). I had been taking back and forth about a dozen computer text books (C#, JavaScript, Perl, etc subjects) and they take up a bunch of space. And then, of course, the one book I end up needing is the one I left behind. So over the past year or so, I have only been buying eBooks. And while I can certainly view them on my laptop I tend to jump back and forth too much between screens. Having a tablet handy on the side, makes for a great book. And since my eyesight has gotten worse over the years, having a 10" tablet is even better.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got one for games people buy ds and psp screen is to small and games cost to much. Acer a100 7in screen and a lot of very good games from free to 5 bucks cant beat that and Hdmi out.The price was right 210.00 shipped to my door

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone too small, even at 4+ inches, to enjoy movies in bed. Reading is easier too. Laptops...so 1990's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links