• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Android 3.2.1 Rolls Out for Acer Iconia Tab A500

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterE View Post
    I just now (manually) checked and there was a second update available for me. This morning's update was to Acer_A500_7.014.01_COM_GEN2 and this afternoon's update was to 7.014.02.
    I just got my update and it is 7.014.01. Interesting that there is another version and they still install older one.

I'm in WI.
    Last edited by AndroidRooster; 12-22-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Checked te update and sure enough the second was there. Both were fairly quick in installing. Market is really different. May take awhile to get used to. Not sure what else changed/fixed. I've never had wifi problems so no biggie to me.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    very strange back to back updates only the first released to service providers
    microphone is marginally better. I had hoped we would get the close out option from the multitask bar no luck
    could finally start a hangout on google + though
    pretty cool after you figure out how to do it. More a function of messenger than google +

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ruger - Does it immediately connect when you wake it or are you having to manually reconnect? Because I'm thinking dropping out while asleep may be a battery saving event. Possibly intentionally implemented? Perhaps?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got my upgrade. Noticing a lot of process force closes after the upgrade. Anyone else? When will I learn. Wait wait wait with these guys. I did the Honeycomb upgrade right away...and had to wipe my machine and reinstall all of my apps. At least it continues to function despite the FCs.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RBacio View Post
    Ruger - Does it immediately connect when you wake it or are you having to manually reconnect? Because I'm thinking dropping out while asleep may be a battery saving event. Possibly intentionally implemented? Perhaps?
    hey you are right! in wireless settings there is a wireless disconnected policy setting that lets you specify when to disconnect! you can choose when the screen turns off, never when plugged in, or never. not sure if it is a new setting or if they just changed the setting. ill play with my settings and see what works best for me.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm still stuck on the update that I got in September 3.2 Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1... Any idea why it's not showing the 3.2.1 upgrade for me?

Thanks in advance

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DCoy82 View Post
    I'm still stuck on the update that I got in September 3.2 Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1... Any idea why it's not showing the 3.2.1 upgrade for me?

Thanks in advance
    Did you force a check? In settings somewhere there is an update tab which has a 'check now' button. I did this and it found the second update.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got both updates yesterday in Florida

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk View Post
    Did you force a check? In settings somewhere there is an update tab which has a 'check now' button. I did this and it found the second update.
    Yea, I've tried to force the update but it says no update available. I've also unrooted and restored the stock recovery. I'm in Florida as the above poster. Guess I'm just out of luck!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links