• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A500 3.2 update is here.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    the files you download from XDA, try to open them, if you can, they don't need to be decrypted, if you can't, then they do. if you decrypt a file, go in to it and pull out the update.zip to use to flash to the new system.

On the XDA thread use the full 4.010.38 file as there is no update designed for your particular version on that thread, once you have that one going, then you can use the upgrade in the first post of this thread to get to 3.2

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by green1 View Post
    the files you download from XDA, try to open them, if you can, they don't need to be decrypted, if you can't, then they do. if you decrypt a file, go in to it and pull out the update.zip to use to flash to the new system.

On the XDA thread use the full 4.010.38 file as there is no update designed for your particular version on that thread, once you have that one going, then you can use the upgrade in the first post of this thread to get to 3.2
    OK that makes sense. XDA isn't always the clearest place for people new to a process. Thanks for the quick help.
    Acer Iconia Tab A500 | HTC Thunderbolt | Archos 70 250GB

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    no worries, it took me a while to figure it out the first time too... it doesn't help any that some of the links in that thread require decrypting, while others don't, and there's no indication of which are which.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

NTFS format

I can confirm that 3.2 enables the device to read USB storage in NTFS format. My only problem since upgrading is that my Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping out. I go to settings, indicates still connected. I have to disconnect and reconnect. Had no problems with 3.1. My device has never been rooted.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by green1 View Post
    no worries, it took me a while to figure it out the first time too... it doesn't help any that some of the links in that thread require decrypting, while others don't, and there's no indication of which are which.
    Worked like a charm. Thanks so much for your help. Any idea why it was not recognizing updated were available? I was asking it to check regularly and obviously there was more than 1 needed.
    Acer Iconia Tab A500 | HTC Thunderbolt | Archos 70 250GB

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Problem with OTA update

Yeah, I had problems with the update, too. First time it appeared to download and then told me it was invalid or some such. I tried about another 5 times to get the OTA, but the download would terminate without an error or warning prior to completion. It must have added a couple of gigs to my internet usage this month.
    I ended up updating with an update.zip on MY SD Card (Downloaded with a link at the top of this thread)
    Seems OK so far.
    Used the Acer_A500_4.010.40_7.006.03_COM_GEN1 file.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Here's mine after several times of unsuccessful attempts on installing ROM's, I managed to update my system OTA.

Rooted, FLEX Version : 01_COM_GEN1
    Android version : 3.2
    Kernell version : 2.6.36.3+
    Build number : ACER_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1

I have to re-install back all of my apps previously installed. How will I know what ROM I'm using now?

And now, I can view and open files from External HDD's (all of my HDD's are NTFS format), I can watch movies from there too.
    Last edited by elsuirad; 09-18-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, I have a "noob" question (at least as far as android is concerned). Once I have the update to 4.010.38 downloaded, transferred, and unzipped tothe sd card, how do I get it to run on my A500? OKay, I figured it out....
    Last edited by robpurdy; 09-18-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elsuirad View Post
    How will I know what ROM I'm using now?
    That part is easy, if you did the update you are running the stock rom. (No rom survives an OTA update)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same Here I got Stock 4.010.38 and after downloading then installing seen to be working fine then the stupid red ! with the android pops up. And nothing happen I tried this 4 times and still get the same problem. Any Ideas? I think I'm staying with my working 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by star1701 View Post
    Didnt work for me all i get is the android with the ! in the center

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links