• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A500 3.2 update is here.

8ag
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by green1 View Post
    for anyone having problems using this update, check the following:
    1) are you on an unaltered, non-rooted 4.010.38 device? if not, then you must start by flashing to that version from the information at the xda forum
    2) did you rename the downloaded file to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your external sd card (not the "sdcard" directory on the tablet)

if you continue to have issues with it after verifying those 2 things I would sugest starting by reflashing the 4.010.38 image from xda to ensure there is nothing corrupted on your tablet before trying again.
    Thanks Green1,

I had rooted my acer with the iconiaroot 1.3 and unrooted it before an OTA update. I get the error while using the OTA and not the file here and was fishing around the forums searching for a workaround.

do you have a link where i can flash to a stock 3.1 acer_a500_4.010.40_COM_GEN1, also a preferred app for flashing the stock. Total n00b will appreciate any help,

Thanks.

------------
    Found this thread at XDA that seems to address the issue, going to try it now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1264693&page=3

Last edited by 8ag; 09-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Your post says you are not having the problem when using the file here? if so, you're done. you are on the new version, and as posted in the first post of this thread, there is no going back, trying to do so will leave your tablet unbootable.

If you are not yet updated to 3.2, then to get yourself to a version that will work with the update, you can follow the link in the first post of this thread to the xda thread that details exactly how to flash to version 4.010.38 (that will be the easier one) before running this update.
    no app is required, simply follow thge instructions for putting the file on your sd card and rebooting in to recovery.

8ag
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Green1,

I am on the 3.1 A500_4.010.40_Com_GEN1, I have not tried the update here. The update was available over the wifi but any attempt to update gives me an error screen, let me give these a shot and will get back. thanks so much.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    FYI the site ROM list has been updated. Link in my sig.
    alphawave7 likes this.
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone updated to 3.2 tried to tether to phone.the only reason I rooted my tab .well main reason is the ad-hoc fix.
    Please try this someone
    Thanks in advance
    Just a chic into tech stuff
    Erica renee

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    it tethers fine to my phone... but then it always did on 3.1 as well... I guess my phone doesn't do adhoc...

If you need root on your tablet DO NOT UPGRADE. There is no root on 3.2 yet, and there is no way to downgrade once you get to 3.2

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elsuirad View Post
    I have the same Image came out when I updated mine, but you have to wait patiently because the Android Images with an Exclamation mark inside a Green Triangle means the application is in PROCESS.

Wait until the entire process finishes and will automatically reboots by itself and afterwards, you will see some loadup sequence on top-leftside if the image shows an Android with some gears animation and the exclamation point didn't showup, it should be a successful update.

Try it again.

Mine is Build Number Acer_A500_4.010.38_COM_GEN1 and before that, it's Acer_A500_4.010.11_COM_GEN2 last update.Maybe I'll thinking of updating to 3.2, will wait for the meantime after downloading the file from xda.
    Guys, new here ;-)

Got the OTA update, after reboot saw the ! icon, don't remember seeing the gears icon. In settings, it still shows as
    Android:3.1
    Build number:Acer_A500_4.010.38_COM_GEN1

So, I downloaded the image given by OP and tried to install. Saw the ! icon and also the gears icon, but in settings same values as mentioned above.

My A500 is stock, unrooted, did one OTA update few months ago. If I recall, I had to remove the external sd and do a factory reset, in order to update.

How do I debug further?

thanks
    Last edited by pelikan; 09-17-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: More info

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    still waiting for3.2 update here in u.s.a

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    If I recall, I had to remove the external sd and do a factory reset, in order to update.

How do I debug further?

thanks
    I think you may have answered your own question. start with removing the external sd and doing a factory reset. If that fails, I'd start by reflashing the full 4.010.38 image, then trying the update again.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    OK, I am really lost. I have 4.010.13 I have looked at the XDA thread but have no idea which file to use to get it up to 4.010.38. I also cannot figure out what files need to be decrypted or not. Anyone help here?
    Acer Iconia Tab A500 | HTC Thunderbolt | Archos 70 250GB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links