• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A500 3.2 update is here.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If you changed anything while rooted the upgrade will fail. Best bet is to reflash the 3.1 first then do the update. But be warned, there is no root for 3.2 yet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterE View Post
    My "build number" is Acer_A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2. Does this mean that I need some sort of update before I can get 3.2? System Update tells me that I'm up to date.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that the first post in this thread answers my question.
    OK im a step behind so bear with me is build Acer_A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2. Ready for the update? I reread the posts and am confused. Please advise.

Thanks phil

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    you may be able to get an update OTA from Acer, but you can NOT update via the upgrades linked in this thread, you'd have to first upgrade to 4.010.38 via the link in the first post of this thread. After updating to 4.010.38 you could use the update in this thread to get to the full 3.2 update

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just got 3.2 update

Guys I just got the 3.2 update on my iconia a500!!!

Sent from my Neptune Iconian using Tapatalk!!!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by star1701 View Post
    Didnt work for me all i get is the android with the ! in the center
    I have the same Image came out when I updated mine, but you have to wait patiently because the Android Images with an Exclamation mark inside a Green Triangle means the application is in PROCESS.

Wait until the entire process finishes and will automatically reboots by itself and afterwards, you will see some loadup sequence on top-leftside if the image shows an Android with some gears animation and the exclamation point didn't showup, it should be a successful update.

Try it again.

Mine is Build Number Acer_A500_4.010.38_COM_GEN1 and before that, it's Acer_A500_4.010.11_COM_GEN2 last update.Maybe I'll thinking of updating to 3.2, will wait for the meantime after downloading the file from xda.
    Last edited by elsuirad; 09-17-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is 3.2 going to allow for a market version of Netflix? Can someone that has upgraded already find out for sure please. If not this comp-u-tard is gonna have to figure out the rooting stuff, which could make my head smoke. Thanks

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Worked fine on my A500. The only unusual step I took was to install 3.1 update before it was released from a download I found here.

Anyone have a list of any new apps or acer-specific features that came along with 3.2?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    3.2 doesn't allow any magic new apps as far as I can tell, but it does have a bunch of small improvements. better notification of plugged in SD or USB devices, smoother scrolling, etc.
    The biggest user noticeable change is that when you have a phone app that only fills a small portion of the screen, it will stretch or zoom it to fit properly. I did see somewhere that they also added NTFS file support for USB drives, but I haven't tested that myself yet.
    If you want root though, we're still waiting.

8ag
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by star1701 View Post
    just redid my sd card and it seems to be working now
    having the same problem and the error screen (bee with ! in a red triangle). what do you mean you redid sd card??

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    for anyone having problems using this update, check the following:
    1) are you on an unaltered, non-rooted 4.010.38 device? if not, then you must start by flashing to that version from the information at the xda forum
    2) did you rename the downloaded file to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your external sd card (not the "sdcard" directory on the tablet)

if you continue to have issues with it after verifying those 2 things I would sugest starting by reflashing the 4.010.38 image from xda to ensure there is nothing corrupted on your tablet before trying again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links