• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Button

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Power Button

Last Saturday my power button broke. That little click you feel when you press it went away and I could no longer turn it on or off. I was able to reboot with adb so I could wipe the device before I took it back. Costco replaced it for me no questions asked which was nice, now I just hope it doesn't happen again. Anyone else have problems with build quality?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have 2 tablets. One of them the button is easy to press, the other, the button is not as easy, and I have to feel around to find it as it does not stick out as far. Poor QC. I'm tempted to crack it open and remount it.
    2 x A500 16gb
    2 x iPad 3 64gb

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    head phone socket, when pressed, works exactly the same way as the power button itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Last Saturday my power button broke. That little click you feel when you press it went away and I could no longer turn it on or off. I was able to reboot with adb so I could wipe the device before I took it back. Costco replaced it for me no questions asked which was nice, now I just hope it doesn't happen again. Anyone else have problems with build quality?
    I've had my Acer a100 for 7 months and am delighted with it. But I noticed this week that the casing next to the power button on right near the headphone socket,when pressed, makes a clicking noise and acts as if I've pressed the power button itself. Since upgrading to ics it has been necessary to press the reset button quite often to waken it from sleep as the power button (and the casing) wont work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The exact same thing happened to mine. I sent it back to Acer for repairs, they did it no questions asked. Paid for freight and it was done within 3 days. People say they have bad customer service, but they were excellent here in Aus.

A man who uses an Android device knows exactly where he is going, and how to get there. A man who uses any apple device has no clue where he is going, and will generally follow the next guy. These people are conformists and should be reported to your local police.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

same thing

My power button area is cracked and caved in also. I didnt drop it. I dont know what could have possibly happened to it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here, busted power button. Costco was out of the Acer tabs, so I replaced it with a slightly more expensive Samsung Galaxy. Lost the USB and micro-SD card but gained a much thinner, lighter tablet.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm glad you're happy with the Samsung tablet but losing the USB and the SD slot would be terrible for me.

Ads