• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How connect A500 ower USB 3G stick to internet

I have A500 with Android 3.2. All working nice. But how I can connet to internet with 3G USB stick?
    (WiFi working perfect).
    Thanks.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    does it plug and play? I would of thought that it wou
    ld work.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Most 3G USB devices have to install some software to work properly. Also I don't even think that they are compatible with android. Just Windows and OSX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not USB3G stick jet. If somebody have suggestion which one is compatible with android 3.2 will bi nice.
    Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgen View Post
    I have not USB3G stick jet. If somebody have suggestion which one is compatible with android 3.2 will bi nice.
    Thanks.
    As I stated a 3G USB stick will not work with an android tablet. How ever a MiFi Hotspot would work just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quicksilver was correct. You can't just plug the USB modem. Most require software to talk and establish the connection. There are hacks for the A500 for certain modems. Lots of work to get it working. I opted for the 3G router. Using the Zoom Travel Router. The router connects via cellular 3G, then shares it via wifi to my A500.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Though I hate to use my ZT-180 as an example (seems I can't escape that bad decision), but I bought Verizon's aircard (the pay-as-you-go option) and was able to get it to work with that Android tablet. I first plugged the USB 3G modem in a Windows PC, then installed the software. Next I went through the process of activating the device on the Windows PC, slapped a few dollars on the card and made sure it worked using my PC. Once confirmed, I disabled the autorun feature (on the Windows PC using HyperTerminal). Next, I slapped the USB 3G modem in the ZT-180's USB slot, went into Android->Settings and turned on the 3G option. A few secs later, I opened up the default browser and I was joyously surfing the web, listening to Pandora, etc. I haven't tested the 3G USB modem on the A500 but will be doing so soon. I hope it works!

EDIT: Just noticed this was in the FAQ section. There is another post asking the same question in the HELP section. Please read adilz's response.
    Last edited by looking335; 10-21-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Similar question posted in HELP section
    Epad, WPDN

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you are using custom firmware you can use a 3G dongle check the a500 thread on xda

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links