• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    5039
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    102
    Liked
    5 times

    If you uninstall a game, is your progress/save data lost too?

    Just asking, I have lots of games from the ten cent sale, but only the 8gb model so I can't have all of them installed at once. If I decide to put one on the backburner, does an uninstall wipe all the data? Just wondering if I'd have to start over if I decide to revisit a game.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Member #
    5133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, US
    Posts
    2,970
    Liked
    181 times
    On settings/privacy there's an option to restore settings and other data when you reinstall applications, but I don't know if it will restore progress on games.

    Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

  3. #3
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    5039
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    On settings/privacy there's an option to restore settings and other data when you reinstall applications, but I don't know if it will restore progress on games.

    Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Cool, I'll try that out. Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to know I can save my progress.

  4. #4
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    2530
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    2 times
    As far as I can tell, uninstalling your game is a sure fire way of erasing your save. That happened with my save progress on Blood & Glory.

  5. #5
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    5039
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    As far as I can tell, uninstalling your game is a sure fire way of erasing your save. That happened with my save progress on Blood & Glory.
    Ah bummer! Would be nice to have the option. Sometimes my interests shift away from a game, but it would suck to lose the progress! I'll cross my fingers that ICS will go back to allowing you to run games from the SD.

  6. #6
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    2530
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk View Post
    Ah bummer! Would be nice to have the option. Sometimes my interests shift away from a game, but it would suck to lose the progress! I'll cross my fingers that ICS will go back to allowing you to run games from the SD.
    If you are adventurous, you can try copying the game cache to a different location... then uninstall the app, reinstall and copy the cache back in.


 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

all i lose any data from a game if i uninstall the game

,
blood & glory game save
,

blood and glory saved data

,
how do you know if you deleted games on acer tablet
,
how to uninstall games from an acer tablet
,

how to uninstall games on acer tablet

,
if uninstalling a game would progress
,

if you delete a game from your phone do you lose yousaved games

,

if you redownload a game will your progess be lost

,
if you uninstall a game do you lose all the data
,
if you uninstall game do you lose save
,
recover your blood and glory save
,

uninstall then reinstall kardashian game on tablet

,
unintalling a game losing progress
,

will your data be lost if you delete game of war

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.