• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Galaxy On Fire 2

Just wanted to say this game is fantastic. Anyone else here played it? ($14.99...Overpriced but still brilliant)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolyptosaur View Post
    Just wanted to say this game is fantastic. Anyone else here played it? ($14.99...Overpriced but still brilliant)
    I read about it on one of the computer mag web sites. Just this morning and it has peak my interest. What's the graphics like?
    From my A500

Douvie.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    graphics are decent, the story is cool and the controls are so-so.

Mining ore is somewhat difficult on the Tablet. you have to tilt and turn the tablet in order to keep a spot in the center of a circle (simulating keeping a drill bit in place) and it is not always so easy.

Otherwise, flying is cool. i have not had the chance to get into much combat yet so I cant comment.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mining controls can be changed to use a virtual stick. Two very major things I miss from the iOS version are the Valkyrie expansion pack and the ability to keep playing after you beat the game. I think the graphics are fantastic, some of the best on Tegra Zone.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm enjoying this game and I really hate the mining controls. The virtual stick doesn't help either as my success rate is almost zero.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why was it $14.99? I downloaded it for free when you go to the Tegra Zone app. That was the first game i downloaded for my Icona and didn't have to purchase it. I thought it was supposed to be free. Where are you getting your games from?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyprime View Post
    Why was it $14.99? I downloaded it for free when you go to the Tegra Zone app. That was the first game i downloaded for my Icona and didn't have to purchase it. I thought it was supposed to be free. Where are you getting your games from?
    I also got it for free. I went to the Tegra Zone, which redirected me to the Market where I downloaded it for free.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The free version only takes you a little way into the game - a good taster but then just when it starts to get interesting you have to buy the game to go further.

If you want to continue playing the free version don't follow the convoy! If you do it will lock and only allow you to carry on playing if you purchase the full version.
    Last edited by Half Colin; 09-21-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    mining is supposed to be difficult with tier 1 mining equipment. I find it too easy on my a100 now that i have the tier 3 mining gear. although it is challenging to get the core but isn't that the fun of it?

i can still play after i've beaten the game

yes it is free to play during the prologue, after you exit your first system you need to pay to continue

graphics is great considering its a portable game

controls also get easier as you get bigger ships with more room for equipment, i have thrust gear that makes turning a breeze

combat is really easy now, i have four primary weapons loaded, and each one has 20+dps, always aim for one of them being a target lock weapon, makes it easier.

nowadays i just go and kill everything i see, fighting 15+ ships at once. very fun game but i think i'm near the point where i won't touch it anymore due to nothing else to do except fight.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've never been able to run this game because I get a read error whenever I try to download the extra files needed to install the game.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links