• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garemlin

Thread: SketchBook Pro Turns Your Honeycomb Tablet into a Canvas

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

SketchBook Pro Turns Your Honeycomb Tablet into a Canvas

For the Android-loving artists out there, AutoDesk has launched yet another professional-grade drawing app. This time itís SketchBook Pro, their first Honeycomb offering and quite possibly their best to date. Taking advantage of the larger screen real estate afforded by tablets, SketchBook Pro provides plenty of amazing features that will have you creating masterpieces in no time.

Market Link
    $4.99

Source: Phandroid
    mikieelmo likes this.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    YES! I've been waiting for the pro version to come to android. This suddenly makes my tablet a lot more useful. I noticed in the app's preferences that you can select pressure sensitivity for pressure sensitive stylus. I tried it with my inexpensive roocase stylus and it didn't seem to work. Is there a pressure sensitive stylus that will work with the a500?

Auntie :-)
    Sent from my Acer Ionia a500
    Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieParticle View Post
    YES! I've been waiting for the pro version to come to android. This suddenly makes my tablet a lot more useful. I noticed in the app's preferences that you can select pressure sensitivity for pressure sensitive stylus. I tried it with my inexpensive roocase stylus and it didn't seem to work. Is there a pressure sensitive stylus that will work with the a500?

Auntie :-)
    Good question, I'd be interested in finding this out as well.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im currently using a targus stylus and i haven't really ran into problems with it

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by detonik View Post
    im currently using a targus stylus and i haven't really ran into problems with it
    Does it allow you to do pressure sensitive drawing with SketchBook Pro?
    Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had this app on my A500 for some time now, and let me say that it's amazing! I picked up the Baboo stylis because of it and it has worked out great! Don't know about the pressure deal but i've had no issues so far

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So it seems I completely erased what was gonna be my reply to this thread... So time to retype, yay...

First, I wanna say sorry for posting in an old thread. Considering the posts I saw, I figured I'd offer some help. I registered to post this, as I came across this thread from google.

Pressure sensitivity is not based on your stylus - your tablet has to have the right hardware and driver software to use specific styli - the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (the one advertized for businesses... not the A1 or whatever) is one such example - it contains a pressure sensitive N-trig stylus, and has a digitizer meant to work with it - I own this one. There's more and more tablets coming out with this but it's still rare to see an ANDROID tablet with a pressure sensitive screen like that.

There are no pressure sensitive styli that work on any tablet as of now - at least nothing I've seen. I've been trying to work on making something, but without enough resources or knowhow, it's nothing but a bunch of concepts from a dreamer, haha... Ultimately, you'll wanna look for any tablet that utilizes N-trig or Wacom technology. Chances are if it has that mentioned, it's pressure sensitive and can use Sketchbook Pro's feature. If not... you're going to have to manually change the size/transparency constantly - can be useful or not depending on what you're used to working with.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for this post.

Auntie
    Usually on my Acer a500

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This on ereally looks awesome..

Thank For the Pst and i think that phoe about is an online Photo Shop....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links