• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times

How to increase the sound volume on your tablet

I've had a few versions of this app installed and I must say it does an amazing job at boosting the sound volume on my A100.

Link: Volume+

I use it a lot when I play some of the downloads from DroidTV (my favorite app of all I have - and I have one free 30 day demo left if anyone want it (if so PM me) and the sound isn't as strong as it normally is.

I'm a wuss though and haven't gone above +10 volume (even though it goes up to +20) and I do turn it off when I don't need it - because as the developer writes this could of course damage your hardware - or your ears. Still, a fantastic way for me to get that little extra volume out of my tablet.

The app is $1.99 on the market but if you go to his site at Android Audio Hacks he lets you download the app for free.

Last edited by Darkbulb; 05-22-2012 at 11:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks a bunch for the tip on this app. It works fantastic!

I did get the app for free (v1.9.0.1) although you have to register on his forum to download the apk. Still, it was well worth doing so.

I'm not too worried about having the volume set too high as you need not run it at full volume all the time. I'll just set the volume rocker toggle to the middle setting and adjust as needed.

I followed the instructions on finding the maximum volume setting:
    ...open the Speaker Settings menu. Enable the “Audio Modifications” check box and then set the “Volume Level” to about +10. You should notice a boost in volume. You can then start raising the Volume Level until you notice either the volume getting quieter or the volume doesn’t change. You’ve now found your current device’s volume limit...
    and found that 15 was the threshold. This is considerably louder than the stock setting.

The EQ presets seem pretty good and I like the fact that you can create and save your own EQ settings.

I haven't tried it with a headset yet but I'm sure the results will also be satisfying.

So thanks once again for suggesting this app.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbilld View Post
    I followed the instructions on finding the maximum volume setting:
    ...open the Speaker Settings menu. Enable the “Audio Modifications” check box and then set the “Volume Level” to about +10. You should notice a boost in volume. You can then start raising the Volume Level until you notice either the volume getting quieter or the volume doesn’t change. You’ve now found your current device’s volume limit...
    and found that 15 was the threshold. This is considerably louder than the stock setting.
    Thanks, I had missed those instructions and funnily enough I capped out at +15 as well.
    And yeah, I like the EQ as well and may create a special one for all the talking podcasts I tend to listen to.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Gratitude for the great information out over here. I think this volume application is very useful and meaningful to me. Definitely, I will try this application on my tablet. If I will need more help, then I will be back here.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I had missed those instructions and funnily enough I capped out at +15 as well.
    And yeah, I like the EQ as well and may create a special one for all the talking podcasts I tend to listen to.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There is also a free ware of volume + in the play store.

Ads