• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PdaNet Tablet (Beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weldguy View Post
    Won't connect for me. A500 and Droid (Verizon) "paired" but can't get to "connect." Soooo close? Any suggestions????
    What Droid phone do you have? I am using my droid 1 and the only problem I might have is I gotta try to connect 3 times but never had to do 4 tries LoL

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's the Motorola Droid that was out just before the Droid X was released... over a year ago. Running Android 2.2.2, not rooted or molested.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Any time I start to have the not connecting problem I stop pda net on the phone and restart it then start a new search on the tab. That is the only thing I ever have had a problem with and always works and I'm using droid 1 no root or anything. Do you set the network proxy? I know that might be dumb to ask but I really can't think of anything else right now.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I uninstalled pdaNet. Ummm... what's a proxy setting?
    My web browser works fine - Market is the only issue.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weldguy View Post
    I uninstalled pdaNet. Ummm... what's a proxy setting?
    My web browser works fine - Market is the only issue.
    When you go to hook up your phone with your tab using pda to use the internet and what not you have to set the proxy on your tab. Before you connect its gives you the numbers to put in for your proxy and when your done you just clear them so you can use wifi.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK... I remember clearing that when pdaNet didn't work and I exited the Bluetooth connection. My wifi connection works on everything BUT Market.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had to give it up....grrrrrr. I did a return-to-factory-settings and sucked up the data loss, but my wi-fi works again with Market. I guess a word of caution would be in order: the last thing I did before losing the ability to download from Market was try to use pdaNet Tablet. I'll try to find a link to the developers of pdaNet and pass along since it is a beta version.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

pda net

with the acer iconia 500 tab running android and the HTC inspire 4g the PDAnet beta will install and run on both and allow a connection to the acer. However both the phone and tab begin to slow down and eventually both will lock up and require reboot. Anyone else had this issue or know how to correct it?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jguthrie View Post
    with the acer iconia 500 tab running android and the HTC inspire 4g the PDAnet beta will install and run on both and allow a connection to the acer. However both the phone and tab begin to slow down and eventually both will lock up and require reboot. Anyone else had this issue or know how to correct it?
    I haven't had that problem, only sometimes slow but other then that works ok. I'm using Droid 1 (still)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    what its the best way to change proxy settings....it is recommended after using

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links