• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    GL_Joe:

Your solutions might work but I am trying to find a way to do this as simply as possible. I do not want to use one app to sync calendars, one to sync emails.....I want to use one app to do it all.

The closest I have come to a solution to this problem is with an app called Touchdown for Tablets. So far, I have been able to sync my work desktop computers Microsoft Outlook 2010 to this app. It handles my email, calendar and tasks from Outlook quite easily. The only problem is it uses Microsoft Exhange Server for this sync operation and if you are not running on an Exchange server, your SOL. Luck for me our company uses Exchange Server 2007.

All in all I am quite happy with how it is performing. It's pricey at $20 but it does what I wanted it to. The next trick will be to find a way to sync back to my home desktop computer so all three devices are in sync. For me, syncing to a cloud based product like Google is not an acceptable solution that works for me. Identity security is challenging enough these days without adding more risks into the equation.

Hopefully, some programmer will develop a tool that allows you to hook your tablet up to any computer with a simple USB cable and sync the devices. Until then, this is what I'll be doing.

Cheers, Tim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links