• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Revisiting Android Task Killers and Why You Still Donít Need One

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What abt ICS?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on Android since 1.5 version and noticed two things: first, some games, for example, don't close when you go home or touch "back", so you have a game running in the background draining your battery (and games drains a lot, and a lot more if they are cpu intensive such as 3d games) so...taskiller, at least to deal with this situation. Second, many useless but cpu atended applications or services starting when you turn on your Android phone or tablet (I mean after booting), for example in my Desire HD: fm radio, facebook chat, news, notes, book reader, streaming media player, etc. All of them loaded, running, some of them trying to get data from wifi or data plan and consuming battery and I don't even use them, so I use an startup manager to prevent them to start. I do this everytime I flash a new rom on my phone (once a week :-) ) taking care of the apps or services I am preventing to start (many of them are vital for the o.s. to work properly). Worked for me these years (including with the a200)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Best Android Tablet

[url=http://aakash.org.in/207/best-android-tablet Best Android Tablet [/url]

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess Iíll pick one up for fun. thank u.
    [url=http://aakash.org.in/207/best-android-tablet Best Android Tablet [/url]

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As a global business executive, I know first hand the demands of travel. I spent more than 120 days out of the year on the road, and have supported the traveling workforces of clients every day. So how do I stay connected? Here are my thoughts on the best apps for Android smart phones - a critical tool for helping me stay in touch and on top of things while traveling.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As a global business executive, I know first hand the demands of travel. I spent more than 120 days out of the year on the road, and have supported the traveling workforces of clients every day. So how do I stay connected? Here are my thoughts on the best apps for Android smart phones - a critical tool for helping me stay in touch and on top of things while traveling.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question

OK while I understand what the article is saying.
    Then if Android handles memory so good, Then why after awhile let say an hour or so, Do I have to have a App Killer set to auto kill only certain "NON CRITICAL" Apps or my tablet will slow to a Snails Pace of not even being able to load the simplest of apps?

Again sometimes I even use a memory cleaner that will only kill such apps as I see fit again NO NON CRITICAL Apps.

If I don't do this it will go to less then 100mb and lock up.
    With the use of these The App Killer and Memory Cleaner I have and ulmost constant 400mb of free memory.
    And after the App Killer and Memory Cleaner runs I have on average of 650mb of free memory.

Also note that I have several of the OEM Apps disabled or they would be in memory to.

Just asking?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links