• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Clear.fi Problems

Been looking threw these forums have not seen anyone mention any problems with clear.fi

I must be the only one having issues.... When I open clearfi I can see all the computer on my network every computer has music / pictures / movies.. But when i open clearfi I can see all the computers on the network but if I select any of them I get "There is no content available".

My main media server is running Tversity all other media Pc's, Xbox, ps3 have no issues at all .....

I am missing something ? do i need to install some kind of clear.fi software on the media server ?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do habe exaclty the same problem. (Tried mediatomb and ps3-media server)

Dirk.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Someone please figure this out. Do we need a ClearFi client on our PCs? I'm totally confused. Mine shows my NAS, my PC, my DirectTV receivers. Can't look at he NAS. Nothing found on the DirectTVs or PC.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    you can use clear.fi with windows through the media player. You allow the media player to share music either with internal net work or external network but Clear.fi will only connect to local networks. I played with it and it worked very well. I googled it and found all kinds of help.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skytaz View Post
    you can use clear.fi with windows through the media player. You allow the media player to share music either with internal net work or external network but Clear.fi will only connect to local networks.
    Thanks for that, Skytaz. So the PC has to be ON and WMP has to be open. There was a time when Most devices could find and play shared media on my Network Accessible Storage Drive. That eliminated the need to power up a PC. ClearFi can see my NAS but so far I haven't cracked how to get the Tab to see the content on it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so my Clear.fi works. You do not need to have Clear.fi installed on your computer. This is what works for me- First off I am using Windows 7- 64bit and 32bit both work. To get mine to work I had to turn off my Webroot firewall, then had to have windows media player running on the computer. Now here is where I'm not sure how I got it to work but at this stage it is a sharing problem from the computer. In windows media player: under Stream I have "Allow remote control of the player and Automatically allow devices to play my media" both checked. I already had a windows 7 homegroup established so that might be why mine works right away but I am able to see pictures, videos and play music on my Iconia that are stored on my laptop. Hope this helps

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm also experiencing the same Clear.fi problems with my Synology DS210 NAS. iTunes and Media Server are both running on my NAS. My PCs and my TV with DLNA support can play the NAS media files. However my Iconia Tab A500 cannot even view the contents of the NAS! It can only detect that there is a NAS server on my network. That's it! Can somebody support us here?

Or is there an alternative for Clear.fi?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have downloaded movie clip from my PC onto the Acer A500 tablet, it is in Clear.fi.

The question is, it does not recognise the format, but that is not the problem.

How do I delete this clip into the waste paper basket ?

Anyone have a solution ?

Thank you

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same probleme with a ds207+ dsm3.1 synology
    Dis ou fond a solution ?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I do habe exaclty the same problem. (Tried mediatomb and ps3-media server)

Dirk.
    clear.fi does not appear to be the easiest program to use. I've had the same problem with it when I stumbled on the solution (as bizzare as it seems.) Once you've selected a source the problem does not refresh the screen. select the "tab" to the right and then tap on "Collection." The display will change to your new source and you should be able to navigate from there.

Ads