• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Acer Iconia a501 - won't boot, reset and recovery don't work

Hi,
    I have an Acer Iconia a501 that is stuck on the Acer screen

- Reset method just restarts to Acer screen and stuck again
    - Sys recovery method starts to work but then stops at Android icon screen with exclamation mark

Pls help!

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Welcome aboard Kaz - we're delighted to have you as a member!

If you can hang on awhile, one of our Rescue Squad guys will come by and assist you with your problem.
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for AcerTabletForum.com

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Hi,
    I have an Acer Iconia a501 that is stuck on the Acer screen

- Reset method just restarts to Acer screen and stuck again
    - Sys recovery method starts to work but then stops at Android icon screen with exclamation mark

Pls help!

Thank you
    Follow the instructions in Method 2 very carefully: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset

Pay very close attention to what prints on the screen so you can report the details back here if it does not resolve the problem. For example, if you see the message "Clearing user data" and then do not subsequently see Clearing cache, report that. Also report if you see both ...or neither.

It may also be useful if you can describe what you know about the tablet configuration/OS and the current problem -- e.g., Android version, rooted or not, any recent changes, the last thing that worked, how the problem started, etc.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Don
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi
    Have an Iconia Tablet with Windows 7 purchased new and Office Pro 2010. It was doing an auto Windows update on shutdown and froze. Didnt advance at all but eventually it shut down. Would not restart so used the soft and Factory recovery processes a number of times. Didnt even get any screen instructions on these and absolutely no activity. Put in the original recovery discs and it went through the auto repair sequence. Didnt work and received a message that unable to repair and to contact the supplier. Other info in the screen was; D:Windows, Autocheck 0, Number of root causes = 1.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Don

Don
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. Further investigation indicates (but not definite) that the battery has gone u/s. Got it to start up after doing a factory reset and it was ok till i moved it slightly and then it went blank again. Any ideas?

Hi
    Have an Iconia Tablet with Windows 7 purchased new and Office Pro 2010. It was doing an auto Windows update on shutdown and froze. Didnt advance at all but eventually it shut down. Would not restart so used the soft and Factory recovery processes a number of times. Didnt even get any screen instructions on these and absolutely no activity. Put in the original recovery discs and it went through the auto repair sequence. Didnt work and received a message that unable to repair and to contact the supplier. Other info in the screen was; D:Windows, Autocheck 0, Number of root causes = 1.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Don[/QUOTE]

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I have a similar problem. My Iconia A501 does not turn on. It is stucked on dark screen and the power button light is red. I've tried to reset it at any possible way, but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have an A501 which is usually just a blank screen, but sometimes does power up to home screen (my background photo, home screen text and password keypad), but is effectively frozen there and won't accept password entry. I have tried the Method 2 instructions, and see the Clearing user data and Clearing cache messages very briefly before reboot starts as normal and still locks up on my normal home screen, so confirming that my settings have not been cleared.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    Follow the instructions in Method 2 very carefully: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset

Pay very close attention to what prints on the screen so you can report the details back here if it does not resolve the problem. For example, if you see the message "Clearing user data" and then do not subsequently see Clearing cache, report that. Also report if you see both ...or neither.

It may also be useful if you can describe what you know about the tablet configuration/OS and the current problem -- e.g., Android version, rooted or not, any recent changes, the last thing that worked, how the problem started, etc.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hi, I have a similar problem. My Iconia A501 does not turn on. It is stucked on dark screen and the power button light is red. I've tried to reset it at any possible way, but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Hi, My problem is the same as Marty's.
    I have completed a hardware reset
    I have completed Method 2 of the Factory reset repeatedly - each time it confirms that cache and data have been erased.

Still the tablet will not power up - just goes through the ACER screen to a black screen, does not get to the pin code log in or to the new startup screen.

The power button stays RED

This is my daughter's tablet and one of the only ways for her to communicate with her mother (long sordid family issue I won't bore you with)... but I really need to get it fixed for her.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi i have a problem in my acer iconia a501 is the model nuber a500 inside how to restore to a501 becouse the 3g and the wifi is not working

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a W510 that will not reboot - I have tried Method 2 VERY CAREFULLY many many many times....I never get the clearing message
    HOW DO I REBOOT MY Tablet????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links