• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort

Thread: Restarting/System Booting Issues + Others

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Restarting/System Booting Issues + Others

Hey everyone. Just joined when looking for some solutions to my new tab I bought today, which is the w500 ( I now realize this is a a500 forum but saw someone say we can post in the general thread). I also figured my problem maybe in general with all Acer tabs so I thought maybe someone would have an idea.

I have two problems so far. One is that when I reboot my tablet or shutdown and boot, my tablet will hang on the Acer logo. I have left it there for over 3 hours at one point just to see if its just really slow at setting up something but it just never budges. While the Acer logo is showing, I will hit the on/off button to turn it off and back on (think the manual calls this a quick boot), is the only time the tablet will then load Win7. But anytime I restart or shutdown, at the Acer logo it will freeze until I do the quick boot option.

The second problem is the tablet isn't recognizing my wireless adapter. However, I have conflicting tests that shows the system knows they are there. One is when I use Acers Hardware Identifier Tool t find the vendors name, it will tell me the wireless adapters vendor and name (Atheros 812.11 a/b etc...) and when I do a windows cmd and ping 127.0.0.1, I get a successful test. It isn't hooked up via ethernet cord either. Now what conflicts with this is when I do what the quickstart manual states to connect via wireless, it says to go to the Acer Ring and turn on the Wifi in the connections section. But in my connections section I only have a bluetooth adapter to turn on/off. There is no Wifi there to turn on/off. And again if I go to windows device manager and then to network adapters, my wifi adapter is not shown there either.

I have spoken to Acer reps twice and the first asked me to download the updated wireless drivers which failed to install cause it said it couldn't find the Atheros wireless adapter and the second rep told me to do a recovery and that I would need to purchase a external DVD drive to boot the tablet from. I got kind of disappointed hearing I had to buy some more hardware to test the recovery to see if that would work so I didn't proceed to trying that. If there is a way to boot from a laptop/pc that has dvd drives then I would love to hear if some knows how to do that. But thats where I'm at. I love the thing but Im stuck with these problems and wireless is kind of a biggie for me and one of the top reasons on my purchase.

If you have gotten this far, thanks for reading and if any of you have any advice, suggestions, or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
    W500 Owner - 11 hours

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Moved to appropriate area.

Welcome to the forum.

I would say return it and get a new replacement. A new device should work from the get go.

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Last edited by RobKort; 12-30-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, Thanks.

Is this also a A501?

I would return it but I'm looking for possible solutions before I would have to RMA it and have to pay for it to be shipped back and then re shipped back to me.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I'm that case have you tried a factory data reset/system reboot, etc? I'm really not familiar with that model

Last edited by RobKort; 12-31-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    And no is not a A501 but a W500 like you said. We mostly deal with the Android version here so is a little harder to troubleshoot since that is basically a Windows machine.

UltraDroid likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    have it replaced. warranty applies. the hard thing is you might damage it and won't get replaced.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links