• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Problem with A200 before custom ROM installed

Hi,
    I recently installed a custom ROM from here ([ROM Custom] ROM AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2 non officielle pour Acer Iconia Tab A200 - Acer Iconia Tab A200 - Roms officielles et custom - forum de PhonAndroid). All was ok, but the ROM seems not to be very stable... So I decided to install a new one. I tried to make a "Wipe Data + Wipe cache partition" but the a200 freezed. Nothing happened after a long time. And now, impossible to boot, wipe anything, resore backup, ...

My actual situation:
    - I can boot in fastboot mode, and execute fastboot commands
    - I cannot execute adb shell command --> error:
    - I cannot execute the restore command --> error: MD5 mismatch
    - I cannot boot (the acer logo doen't disapear)
    - I cannot do a hard reset (I have an error) ([HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset)
    - If I try a wipe or ROm install from SDCARD, freeze without error...
    - From the boot menu, if I go to the mount section, I cannot mount /system and /data...

An idea about what I can do to recover my device (with any ROM)?

Thank's in advance!

Plox

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ploxien View Post
    Hi,
    I recently installed a custom ROM from here ([ROM Custom] ROM AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2 non officielle pour Acer Iconia Tab A200 - Acer Iconia Tab A200 - Roms officielles et custom - forum de PhonAndroid). All was ok, but the ROM seems not to be very stable... So I decided to install a new one. I tried to make a "Wipe Data + Wipe cache partition" but the a200 freezed. Nothing happened after a long time. And now, impossible to boot, wipe anything, resore backup, ...

My actual situation:
    - I can boot in fastboot mode, and execute fastboot commands
    - I cannot execute adb shell command --> error:
    - I cannot execute the restore command --> error: MD5 mismatch
    - I cannot boot (the acer logo doen't disapear)
    - I cannot do a hard reset (I have an error) ([HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset)
    - If I try a wipe or ROm install from SDCARD, freeze without error...
    - From the boot menu, if I go to the mount section, I cannot mount /system and /data...

An idea about what I can do to recover my device (with any ROM)?

Thank's in advance!

Plox
    Have you tried putting a pin in the reset button hole next to the external SD card? Then going into recovery? VOL+ & Power? You can also try Vol- & Power to see as I can't remember what the Vol- does.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I am also having the similar problem. Earlier i installed Canyonmod 4.1 unofficial version, it was working fine. But just thought of going back to original stock rom, so i downloaded the stock rom and copied to SDCard (changed the zip file to update.zip). And then restarted tab A200 (by pressing power key + volume button), it tried to update the android version from the sdcard. But then after sometime it showed like android robo (pic) fell down; after that it was restarted and after showing ´coniatab", it got freeze. It does not show anything after that, I tried several times, but its the same. Please help me how to install either the stock rom or 4.1 unofficial one. Anything is fine.

Thanks,
    Shekhar.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links