• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Shuts off after a quick ACER logo flash?

I hit power and it boots to the acer logo and then just shuts off.

Any suggestions? I tried the volume up+toggle lock and no go.

I thought I might try to flash a stock rom using a SDcard (never done it on one of these, have on an ASUS) but I can't seem to find a tutorial that can help me. Also the rom download pages I found are dead links now.

Another thing, how do I verify what rom is currently on it? It could also have been this way because somebody tried to put some other rom on it and didn't know what they were doing?

Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT (STILL STUCK)
    Friday, April 26th, 2013

Ok, I have researched and researched. I can't get this fixed. The worst part is all the support download rom links are mostly dead today.

I got some kind of a boost whenever I downloaded SimpleTool and got it into fastboot. I unlocked it, and then put CWM on it.

I ran the SimpleWipe, or whatever it was called that wiped the tablet via CWM and MicroSD.

From there, I tried Acerlicious ROM and it then just started looking IconiaTab/Acerlicious.

I THEN downloaded ehalm's A200 rom (AV041.RV08RC02_EMEA_DE_debloated_root_v1)

This is when things started to change I thought. I was on it and it worked. I could actually finally see the OS. Everything was working fine then I put the tablet down and it turned off I guess, never did it boot back.

Is there anybody that can provide some kind of direction for me?
    Last edited by ktreece; 04-26-2013 at 02:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Probably a system error. You will have to call Acer for service if you are still on warranty and your tab is stock. When you pressed the volume up + power button you have to keep pressing until it says starting recovery mode. If you manage to get it to boot into recovery perform a factory reset.

"Tapped in HD"

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I can get it to boot into recovery and ran ICS on it assuming it had ICS. I don't know that for sure. How could I check?

I used this Stock OTA A200 ICS ROM link

Is there a newer ICS rom that I should use? It's still shutting off. It went through the process and even the screen that says "Don't shut this off" "Don't Reset" but then in about two minutes it shuts of and you turn it on but still the same problem.
    Last edited by ktreece; 04-11-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Was your tablet stock, and what country did you purchase it? There is no way of telling unless you go to settings/about tab. Probably on the Acer site and see what is the latest OS on that tab.

Beta 4 Tap'n....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have no idea. I purchased four of them as-is at a liquidation store in town and figured it would be a learning experience.

I have no way of knowing.

One more thing, I put that same update.zip on the SD card and flashed to my other one stuck on ASUS. It goes to a similar "don't turn off" screen but it's different. It has a grey background instead of black. Would that be a clue as to the original rom on it?

The ICS rom ended up fixing that one! HEY, i'm getting somewhere!

EDIT:

Because of the different "Don't Turn Off Screens" I'm really wondering if the one that didn't work was maybe newer? Could it be older? I don't know what these originally shipped with?
    Last edited by ktreece; 04-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    before you flash the ROM factory reset the tab and then try again. since you're tabs seem to be stock. I will recommend only flashing the same thing that was there.

With that said if they are all the same model, you should use the other ones as reference to what ROM you need. Go to settings/about tab and scroll down to see what it is installed.

Beta 4 Tap'n....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I really think because of the different reset screen, that one is maybe 4.1. I've been hunting but I can't find it. Any suggestions? I figured somewhere was a revised ROMS link page.

FOrgot to mention, I did reset it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If somebody tried to put jellybean on it, what would you do to bring it back to ICS?

I'm wondering if that's what happened.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Not sure really. But you should be able to wipe data, cache, and dalvik and just flash the ROM.

Beta 4 Tap'n....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Where can I find stock roms for this? All the links I find are dead. I'd like the earliest avaliable Rom they have for the a200.

Ads