• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation My Acer Iconia Tab a200 The last update.

MODEL NUMBER: A200
    KERNEL VERSION: 4.0.3
    IMAGE VERSION: Acer_AV041_A200_RV07RC06_PA_CUS1
    BUILD NUMBER: Acer_AV041_A200_1.057.00_PA_CUS1
    IMAGE P/N: FM.S16A0.038

This month I get a new update I forget the name and size but when I get the New update my tablet started to come problems with the keyboard and the screen. If I touch the space bar in the screen automatically type another letter. The new update fixed some problems like Screen Glictch. I try to restore but it did not work, I dont know how get back the last version. How i need to do?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    The updates contain what is officially supported by Acer. There are numerous posts on this site describing options to install custom ROMs, older stock ROMs, etc. Going down that road can be risky though, and can void the manufacturer warranty, so you may want to consider that before making such changes.

You may be able to resolve the problems you have encountered without going backwards. Keyboard issues are usually associated with apps, and apps are typically easier and less risky to replace than ROMs. If a keyboard problem occurs in the stock browser, for example, you can try Dolphin or Opera Mobile instead. There are also optional keyboards, and various keyboard settings, etc.

A good number of Iconia owners found that performing the Factory data reset (under Settings > Backup & reset) after ICS system updates solved numerous problems. You may want to try that also if you have not yet done so.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-10-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: correction

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    when I bought the acer a200 it came with ICS 4.0.3 Then, I got two updates my acer was running perfect and I get this month the new update I think was like 77 MB and it started to have problems. I think the problem its with the screen because sometimes I dont play anything andthe screen star to open apps or close apps or go to the second screen staff like that. I hope get the another update. I hope a new version and fix the problems with the screen. I bought the a200 in USA so maybe if I go to USA I get new update.
    Last edited by guarisley; 08-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links