• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memory problem

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Memory problem

Shortly after buying my a200 I plugged in a flash drive that has numerous photos on it. Had a look at them, then removed the drive...but since them the memory on my a200 shows more than 200 MB taken up by photos even though the album is largely empty and doesn't seem to include any from the drive.

Any solution?

Also is there a way to safely withdraw a drive that I've missed?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    That's a weird one. Did you tried transferring the photos to another place and formatting the drive?

-end of line-

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by teavee75 View Post
    Shortly after buying my a200 I plugged in a flash drive that has numerous photos on it. Had a look at them, then removed the drive...but since them the memory on my a200 shows more than 200 MB taken up by photos even though the album is largely empty and doesn't seem to include any from the drive.

Any solution?

Also is there a way to safely withdraw a drive that I've missed?
    If the 200MB size you refer to is under Settings > Storage > Pictures, video, then you should be able to find the files of interest under /sdcard/DCIM. That folder is the camera/video folder in the internal storage of the tablet. Any and all files under the /sdcard/DCIM folder and subfolders are included in that value, regardless of whether or not they are image files. Be sure to turn on the option under settings in the file manager to show "hidden" files, because the folder for thumbnails may be hidden from view otherwise. That folder is named /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails.

You should be able to observe and/or delete the given files using a file manager such as ES File Explorer.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies...I performed a factory reset in the end.

One more query...after the reset I set up the tablet as before...again acer asked me to register the device, I skipped it for now, having registered first time around. Do I need to re-register my reset device?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by teavee75 View Post
    Thanks for the replies...I performed a factory reset in the end.

One more query...after the reset I set up the tablet as before...again acer asked me to register the device, I skipped it for now, having registered first time around. Do I need to re-register my reset device?
    "Factory Reset" seems to be the only solution tech support at Acer is trained with. Next time try clearing the data from "Media Storage" at Settings/Apps/All/. Turn off the Iconia, then turn it on again. This will force all thumbnails and folders to be refreshed.

Ads