• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry No response from screen,help!

Just bought the tablet a few days ago and so far installed Skype and yahoo messenger, and set up email. After one day of use, this morning the screen will not respond to any touch/input. Tried to hard reboot, reset using the pinhole and no luck so this really sucks. It boots up, I can see stuff happening in the bottom right corner (number of emails, updates pending, etc) but cannot get into the UI. Screen lock button is off.

Any ideas what this could be and how I can fix it?? Since I'm travelling for 3 weeks and took this with me its useless now and I'm afraid it'll end up as a paper weight.

I do have my laptop with me so if I can plug it in to restore it somehow I am willing to try that too.

Please help!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Use Method 2 of this procedure: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset.

What we did there was put together some notes into a procedure to improve on what Acer had provided. The procedure provided by Acer leaves out some important details and makes some assumptions about the state of the tablet. Our version of the procedure ensures that you always begin the reset sequence from a valid state, and also provides important tips on how to better time the operation.

You could have a hardware problem, and because you did the pinhole reset, this appears to be the last "soft" option before returning to Acer for service.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 07-13-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links