• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Screen touch issues

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I run updates every day but the issue is still there.
    my tablet will work as normal foe a few minutes then it will act as if i am opening a app.
    once it starts the only thing i can do is pinhole reset it.
    the browser will load new tabs/wattpad will change the pages/ dolphin browser will load new tabs and the whole thing will become totaly unresponsive till i do a pinhole reset.
    this just started a few days ago but has become a mojor issue.
    last night i did a master reset but that did not even stop the table from acting up.
    i do not know if there is something with the latest ota update or something else but i do know that the tablet is stock(un-rooted) i am going to get another tablet and slowly reinstall the apps that i have on this one and see if it acts up if it does then I will report what app the issue started with.
    as for this tablet it will be returned to the store that i got it from for them to send it back to acer.
    i would like to go back to hunny comb but i wont mess with the tablet so as acer can check the system out as it is.
    i will say that i did enjoy the a200 till this issue started but if i have any more issues i will go to a samsung tablet as acer has proven that they need a lot of work just to be able to use the systems both for tablets and pc's.
    sorry but my time with acer products have been more trouble then it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by subperceptual View Post
    Then you probably aren't experiencing the same issues that I am referring to ... it sounds like you are, but to the best of my knowledge the only apps using OpenFeint are games, and none are pre-loaded... but the Tegra app is, which is where I got Zen Pinball... which uses OpenFeint (The game, not Tegra app).

Still no recurrence of the screen glitches - so I am twice as confident now that it is or is very closely related to the issue.

I have had my tablet for several months now, and I have had no issues until the screen glitches (like we are describing), which started right around the time of the last update - It still may be an issue with our update, and maybe how it has effected the performance of apps some of us have in common .... I'm not suggesting that OpenFeint is the problem, only that removing it stopped the issues. With that said - I had the glitches again even after reverting back to a stock honeycomb rom... with OpenFeint installed...and even after the update,but after removing it I have no glitching on ICS... Sooooo in your case, with no games installed ... it might be a more serious issue... not related to this one.... Maybe?

Let us know if you come up with something. I would be curious to find out if it is in fact another app or other software that actually is pre-installed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Watch the video here: Touch screen problems - I think what we are seeing is a number of issues. I can report that I am still glitch free since doing what I posted earlier - but I did find a spot as demonstrated in the other thread that produces a "similar" result - I am beginning to think there are two issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links