• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery usage

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Battery usage

Just wondering what usage everyone else is getting out of a fully charged A200 battery?

I can fully charge mine, then play some games & use the browser for a while, maybe read some ebooks, and it may last about 4 hours..is this normal?
    I have the screen brightness set around the 40 - 45% mark, gps is off, so is bluetooth & background data sync too. the Screen turns off after 1 minute as well.

I realize games will drain the battery quicker than most things (I think!)
    Also, while it is in sleep mode, the battery can go down quicker than I would have thought in this mode (within an hour it may go down 3 - 4%)

What things can you do to reduce battery drain other than the ones I mentioned?
    I have weather widgets built into the stock honeycomb (unrooted) that I am running, which I cant seem to be able to disable or uninstall, I don't really need these,
    so it would be nice to disable them. I f anyone knows how to disable weather widgets, the "music" program & others that come preinstalled it would be appreciated.

Edit: On a side note, my tablet takes 1 min 54 secs to boot up, is this the same as everyone else?
    Last edited by lifesignz; 03-29-2012 at 05:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I turn my tablet on in the morning at work and leave it on all day with about 2 hours of actual use and my battery is usually only down to 70% or so.... also mine takes about 20 seconds to load...its screaming fast.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    20 seconds to load from being switched off...that is very fast! Anyone else report this kind of time?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We recently bought our Acer A200 and we have been using it just for a game as we are waiting on our HotSpot JetPack Device from Verizon to arrive at our home. We honestly played a game yesterday for like four straight hours and our battery started at 90% full and when we were done playing our game it was 87% battery full. In our eyes it lasts a long while. We thought that we would use more battery than we do which is a huge plus for us. As for how long does it take ours to turn on we would say super fast maybe like thirty seconds at the most and twenty seconds does sound about right for us.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Okay, I finally decided to do a factory reset on my tablet....what a difference!
    It now loads in about 25 seconds from system off, compared to about 1 min 54 secs.
    The storage issue I was having is fixed (it used to show all my internal memory as full, when I had 2gb free).
    Have to check how my battery goes as its too soon to tell.
    I backed up all my files from the tablet onto my laptop before doing the factory reset (actually 2 factory resets, to be sure..lol)
    so it will be interesting to see if I can install my utilities & games I was using & just plonk the files back in the relevant folders (to avoid downloading large amounts of data again). Will post my results...

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Started putting games and apps back on, got about 32 games on so far and noticed the power up from off time has gone up to 1 min and 5 secs...does it take longer to boot up when you put more stuff on? Or are you supposed to reset the machine after every gzme is installed? Seems quite strange. Also, I am running the stock launcher, so are other launchers quicker to boot up?
    Sorry for all the questions.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not real knowledgeable about these tabs yet, but it seems like the ones that came out of the box with ice are running a bit better.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    A factory reset has definetly helped matters for me. I'm still running honeycomb at present, no rush to update to ICS yet. Newer is not always better imho....
    At present I like the stability of honeycomb, still reading about some bugs & issues in ICS.

Ads