• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrhelper

Thread: Adobe flash player no longer works properly

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Adobe flash player no longer works properly

Upgraded to ICS, did a factory reset and lost the ability to view flash video using stock browser. (firmware remained ICS)
    Installed the original adobe flash player 10.3 (didnt work, wasn't recognised by stock browser) and installed the 11.1 from app market, however this resulted in audio and no video, or it would play a little of video and then audio only, or just hang depending on the flash content.

My question is does upgrading to ICS cause the pre-installed adobe flash to no longer work, or was it due to the factory reset (i wiped all app data).
    I've managed to downgrade and now the original honeycomb + 10.3 flashplayer combination works.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Have you looked on the browser settings and made sure that flash is set to on demand or on all the time?

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I made too many changes before I started using always on. I do know after i installed 11.1 and 10.3 I had this setting to always on.
    10.3 would show me the purple lego block (even though this is the preinstalled version)
    11.1 wasnt stable at all.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick update - It seems upgrading to ICS, results in the preinstalled flash 10.3 no longer working (purple lego icon) with the stock browser. So it was nothing to do with my factory reset.

Now I need to find a browser that works with ICS, that can play flash media reliably whether it be 11.1 or some other version of flash.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Have you given Maxthon Browser a try?

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm still not seeing an answer to flash not working. It would be nice to see flash videos via the browser. I have added 2 flash players but they don't launch from within browsers, so are useless. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know. Thanks.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Edit/update: here is what I did to get flash to work in on the a200, installed dolphin browser, installed flash installer from play store, opened flash installer, installed it to dolphin browser.
    I can't believe how hard it has been to find an answer to this problem when the answer was so simple. I went chasing flash players, which was useless, directions for jelly bean, etc. But the above method was painless and got flash working in my browser again, hope this helps.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Note also that you can only get the current reliably safe version of the Adobe Flash Player from here: Archived Flash Player versions. Scroll down to the "Flash Player for Android 4.0 Archives" and download the newest .apk file from there. You do not have to use a Dolphin installer to get Flash Player. Beware of sources other than the official Adobe site, because there are some versions of Flash Player circulating which contain malware. Adobe stopped posting Flash Player on the Play Store several months ago.
    ohwow and r0m30 like this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got Flash Installer, not a flash player, from the Google play store. Open installer to install flash and you are set. No one even mentioned to me I could get the installer in the play store, just remembered how I got flash for Linux, and went looking for it :-)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Be very careful when you use apps that claim to download and install Flash Player or any other app. You do not need to install a separate app to obtain the latest Flash Player from Adobe, and I advise anyone reading this to avoid doing so. There are malware versions of Flash Player on the internet, and unless you download the player directly from Adobe, it's difficult to tell just what you are getting. The known safe place to download Flash Player is directly from Adobe: Archived Flash Player versions. Scroll down to the "Flash Player for Android 4.0 Archives." Download the newest .apk file from there, and merely open it to install. That method is much faster and simpler than installing an unnecessary "flash installer" and you'll have confidence that you have the most current version, and that you did not install any malware.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 11-14-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Ads