• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: wi fi ... authentication problem

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

wi fi ... authentication problem

I am at a loss! I was using my a200 earlier with no problems. I come to bed, turn it on and wi fi is not connected... i go into settings.. hit connect.. and i keep getting authentication problem. my internet is functioning fine because my laptop and phone are connected just fine. I have made sure my password was correct.. i have turn it off and back on.. several times... signal strength is excellent... what is the problem???? Like I said, it was working just fine 4 hours ago. I turned it off (the whole tablet) when I was done. Turn it back on and now it wont connect.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    is your tablet stock?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes... and it is only a month old. I have made no changes to it. I have updated to ICS but, that cannot be the issue because I did that like 3 weeks ago and haven't had any issues. I have a secured network... made sure password was correct. It just keeps telling me authentication problem. I have done the "forget" turned it off, back on, went into setttings and tried reconnecting.. still nothing. Like I said.. all other stuff working on wi fi so it cant be my wi fi. I do not leave tablet on, when I am done, I turn it off.. not sleep.. off. So, It was fine yesterday when I used it. Turned it back on last night and it wont connect. Everything else working fine on it. I also noticed.. when I go into my gallery it will tell me "unable to download files at this time, try again later" Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not... but my pictures are there. What it is talking about downloading I don't know.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try turning off or unplugging your router for a minute or two, then turn back on see if this has anything to do with your problem. I have to do this about once a month or so.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I figured since all other computers and phones were working it didn't have anything to do with my router. I went and told the tablet to forget the connection... turned it off. Turned off my router and let it sit. Turned tablet back on... checked and it was not showing my router. Turned router back on... it found the wi fi.. tried connecting.. same thing.. authentication problem.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I would attempt to isolate the authentication error. Record your encryption settings and password to be able to return to normal state. Turn off all other wifi devices, and go into router and temporarily turn off wifi security to disable any encryption/password. Then attempt to connect the Fire to your open network SSID. Joy, re-enable simple 64-bit encryption with a simple password (I usually just use 1234567etc) and retry the 'new' link. Joy, then replace your standard encryption settings and password and retry connecting the Fire. Report back your findings, and good luck!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am sorry.. u are talking to a person who knows nothing about what u speak..lol I am not techie at all. I re-installed my dsl ... just in case it was an issue. It is still giving me the same error.. authentication problem. I took the table to another house and it connected to their wi fi with no problems. I bought it back home and tried again.. still nothing. I called the store where I got it (a month ago) and they want me to buy their damn wi fi card. I should not have to purchase a wi fi card.. it worked yesterday, it worked for the past 3 weeks.. it should work now! I didn't do anything but turn my tablet off and go back to it 4 hrs later.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    No..you need not buy another wifi card. We need more info to provide a solution: what router (model, version, firmware revision) are you using? What form of encryption are you using?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your assistance. It was the router in my home. Got it fixed through my internet provider. Thanks again =)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    No..you need not buy another wifi card. We need more info to provide a solution: what router (model, version, firmware revision) are you using? What form of encryption are you using?
    I have Netgear from Best Buy, AT&T is my I.P with their modem box. carrier and a HP pavilion pc.

Ads