• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: wi fi ... authentication problem

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, this is the same problem I'm having.

wi fi ... authentication problem

I am at a loss! I was using my a500 earlier with no problems. I come to bed, turn it on and wi fi is not connected... i go into settings.. hit connect.. and i keep getting authentication problem. my internet is functioning fine because my laptop and phone are connected just fine. I have made sure my password was correct.. i have turn it off and back on.. several times... signal strength is excellent... what is the problem???? Like I said, it was working just fine 4 hours ago. I turned it off (the whole tablet) when I was done. Turn it back on and now it wont connect.
    Last edited by Monkeydo; 06-09-2012 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Added more detils

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I am running CM9 9.0.0-RC0-picasso_e-UNOFFICIAL, kernel 2.6.39.4+. Periodically, my wifi connection fails to connect. Doesn't matter where. I will show an excellent signal but when the tablet tries to connect, the status icon drops to practically nothing and a message of obtaining IP appears.

My fix - restore a recent nandroid back up that was working and voila!! - my connection is restored. This works for me. YMMV but worth a shot.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    There is a possibility a router firmware update will fix this issue...check on your router manufacturers website for you model, version, and revision number to see if a firmware update exists. Apply the update according to site's instructions, and retry the tab's wifi connection. Report back any changes! G'Luck!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wi-Fi Authentication problem

Hello everybody!

I would like to address a new question related with this issue. I got this issue for the first time since I have this tablet. I didn't had any kind of problem with Internet Connection before, so is something new for me.
    This issue appeared now 10 minutes when I resetted all data from tablet pressing :"Factory data reset " button and when I entered my network password. I checked password, restarted router/tablet for several times.
    I followed also your solutions but no result.

Thanks in advance!
    Samm

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    First, go into wifi settings and forget any/all wifi networks there, and try connecting again.

You can also try re-entering the password you believe to be correct into your router in case it was changed for some reason.

I suggest that you verify that you are actually connecting to your own wifi router. If there are many wifi routers in your neighborhood, it is possible to connect to the wrong device, especially if you did not change the router SSID from the default value.

You can use a PC to connect to your router administration page (see instructions in the router manual) and turn on logging so you can see connection attempts. The log may describe the problem in enough detail that the cause may be obvious. You should be able to see connection attempts, DHCP IP address leasing, etc. There may be errors associated with your tablet MAC address that you can resolve.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    sammuel likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Problem Solved

Issue solved.
    The problem was the password, I wrote a capital letter instead of a normal one.

Thank you for support.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bought the kids a new A200 32GB for Xmas. Took it out last week to update it and throw some children apps on there.
    I use my cells wireless HotSpot for internet access. Was fine for a few weeks, no issues connecting at all.
    Then one day, it would connect, but the WiFi icon was no longer blue. It was all gray, but said it was connected.
    Couldn't access web pages, google play store....nada.

After shuting down the tablet and the phone several times to no avail, I decided to try something else...
    I renamed my wireless and it then worked!... However, the next day, it would not connect again, so I renamed
    It again and it worked...

Surely this is a software issue and can be fixed because its rather annoying to have to constantly rename my
    Wireless every time we need to connect the A200...

Any thoughts or fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Ads