• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to delete?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

how to delete?

I purchased an A200 tablet from best buy, it was an opened box, which proved more problematic in setting up, people in store had put their own email addresses in to check their email while shopping, and taken photos and videos, I was able to work around this and properly register and set up the tablet, I installed a 16 GB SD card that had been used, and I had forgotten that there were photos and video clips on the card, I don't know how but the information on the SD card was transferred over to the internal memory, I've removed the card installed it in my lap top and deleted the information on the card, that's when I found out the images had trasfered over to the internal memory on the tablet, I've tried going through "my gallery" to delete the images, with no luck, long pressing on a photo or video does not offer me a delete option, I have taken and saved other images, which are in a seperate stack of images in "my gallery" that will allow me to, with a long press of an image, a delete option, some one told me I needed a file managing app. To delete the images, I have downloaded a file manager that is designed for honey comb, but I've never done anything like this before and have NO idea how to go about using this app. to delete these images, I called tech support and their answer was to do a factory reset, which I always assumed was a last ditch effort, there must be something I'm over looking, or just not knowledgeable of, I know I can do the reset, and it wouldn't take much to set up the tablet again, but I'd rather work through this problem, than do the easy thing, if anyone knows and can help, I would be very grčatful, I would ask though that in talking me through this matter to please keep it simple, sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump, I know this has been a good week for me, I not only got the update for my A200, but I also got the update for my Droid razr, both in the same week, for all you that are waiting for the update to 4.0 all I can say is right on the front cover of my A200, a sticker was attached which states "upgradable to android ice cream sandwich, when available", I'm guessing we might still be a couple months off before it's going to arrive, I thank you for your help in advance, from what I can tell having read over the forum, there are many intelligent members, someone will certainly be able to help.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Howdy Heartbroken, and welcome to the forum!
    I'm afraid my recommendation is ALSO to do a factory reset. We have no idea what others have left in their wake, poking and prodding around, although the system files would have required root to 'corrupt'. I would be most comfortable simply starting from scratch..the tab is easy to set up, and after signing in to Google, half the work is already done. Especially if you've already gone to market and downloaded some apps, those may have been backed up in the cloud, and would return to the Factory-refreshed tab after you sign in. Does this help?
    Cheers!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi heartbroken,

Try the market and download file manager HD. It will provide you with a windows explorer interface where you should be able to locate and delete your files. Hope this helps.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Fwiw all the pointers and rumors point to sometime in the next month ... just about all a200s got a synced update this week to bring all device versions up to the same point

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thought after the factory reset and the update to ICS, that my picture/video problem would have been fixed, no such luck, i'm hoping someone will be able to give me directions in using a file managing app. in fixing my problem, I even checked the sd card again the pictures and video are not on the card, it's on the internal memory, and I have tried three times to factory reset them away, they must also be in my Google back up recovery, I open a file manager and can't tell what is what, nothing is marked photo or video, and I know better than to just start deleting files, hope someone will teach me how to fix this problem.

Ads