• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ACER A200 shows charge (white light) but won't boot up

Hi all, Great to see this forum. This is my first thread, thanks for reading my request for help.

I acquired my ACER A200 at auction in Tucson. First I attempted to power up the tab with the power button, no result. I bought an aftermarket AC adapter/charger (12V/1.5 A) and plugged it in. Got an orange light indicator. Overnight, the light went out.

Tried powering up with the power button again, the orange light came on but did not boot up. After several attempts pressing the power button for several seconds at a time, the orange light changed to white. Still did not boot up.

Tried a hard factory reset, no result. Tried a soft reset (volume and power button) and no result.

Unplugged the power adapter. Now I can press and hold the power button and the light changes from white to orange. Press and hold again and it changes back to white. Press and hold again and the light goes out. Press and hold again and no light comes up.

Plug the adapter back in and the orange light comes up. Press and hold the power button and the light goes from orange to white. Press and hold again and the white light stays up, no change.

Bad battery?
    Thanks.

Update: So overnight, the white light went out. I pressed the power button and the white light came up, the tab did not boot up. I pressed it again and after several seconds, it went out. Pressed it again and it came back up again. Pressed it one more time and it stayed up. Went back a few minutes later, pressed it again and it went out immediately.
    Last edited by BreakawayGlenn; 09-30-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links