• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just orderd the A700 the other night

Like the topic says I finally decided and ordered a A700. I had a Ipad 2 in the past and wanted another tablet but did not want another apple. Anyway any hints or suggestions for soon to be new Android tablet owner. Just wish they made a otterbox case for this thing or something like it.

Thanks

Andrew

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well my first answer is no, because you did ot say what you wanted to do with it. Now, as a codasyl to that, if you had at least 3 ideas, say Games, Video chat and media, then you're off to a good start. There are some other things that will make themselves known. there are really good scientific calculators and other work aps. If your line of work puts you out on the road, there's Google Maps and GPS

My second answer is yes

Read this forum to see what has gone before. Decide what kind of apps you might be interested in. For Example. scientific calculator, google up scientific cauculator android app. And you can do that and if the item is a freebie, install it to your tab from your desktop if you have a wireless home network. If you don't have one then get one. Then of course there are the accessories. I got a wire stand at ebay since I did not like the combo stand/case because it interfered with the caera/camcorder
    Last edited by Space_Patroller; 11-07-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    Take two tablets and email me in the morning

Tablets are not a gift from the Gods: They ARE the Gods!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the reply. I think I am going to use it for email, message board, internet searches. Plus some gaming and other productive apps that might help with what ever might be going on. Also the media part is always a plus and yes I do have a wireless network, only bad part it depends on Satellite internet but at least it is the newest Hughesnet.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    the tablet has two email apps built in, gemail and another. Message boards should be no problem.

In terms of broswsers, you've got the Android, which is pretty good. There's also Google Chome, Dolphin has a good rep and I don't know if FireFox has been updated to be Jelly Bean compatible

You have all kinds of Google apps built in since Android is part of Google

For Games you've got Wild Thinng and Nvidea Tegra Zone

Message/chat has Google talk and you can get Yahoo! and Skype

For book reading Kindle and Zinio and you should be able to download Nook

Media for music I use mp3 and the best video format in terms of how universal is MPEG4 You can get scads of video and audio at Internet Archive expeciall sci-fi movies and the old TV shows. I put the links someonwere on this forum in the same thread as the Space Patrol home screen image that I use

If you have wireless you can search for the apps on your desktop and use it to install if the app is compatiable if your tablet is on and the apps:2di4. I've got 3 pinball apps, chess, checkers, tic-tac-toe and a gorgeous windows-like solitaire, FreeCell and Spider solitaire

And that's just what I can get off the top of my head without thinking too much about it

Drooling yet? I am just thinking about it: I think I'll go and eat
    Last edited by Space_Patroller; 11-07-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Would be nice if firefox was working for this, what I use most of the time when I am on my desktop pc. Yes can not wait for it to show up, looks like possibly by Saturday. Went out fedex to the USPS and got the 32 GB card today and should get a 64gb card tomarrow that also comes with a usb reader for my pc.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    You could try a beta version of Firefox to see what it's like.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fox_beta&hl=en

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will have to try that when it comes, supposed to be here Saturday! The second SD card I ordered with the usb reader showed up today. So both cards are being formated to NTFS, talk about slow going.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I just got a Western Digital My Passport 500 GB hard drive.It came NTFS formatted but I had to go to the WD site to get Software for Android that included a driver

Where to download software, utilities, firmware updates, and drivers for WD products (from the Downloads Library)

Tried it out with mymedia and it works fijne

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    does that hook up to the A700 via the Mini usb? How much did you pay for the drive? I see it on amazon for 74.99. Does the a700 have to be rooted or use any app to be able to use it?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, I paid $68, on Ebay, It uses the same USB port as the charger/adapter. You need the driver in WD 2go for Android and no rooting. sometimkes hard drive comes with Windows and Mac software so you can take those off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links