• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Widows Emulatro for Android

I found an Android Emulator for Windows that lets you run Adnroid apps on Windoes. My search for a Windows Emulator for Android has not been as rewarding. I found a forum with posts that aksed that question and the posters were told that this was "going in the wrong direction"

I can think of one good thing right away. IrfanView, it's plugins and Filters Unlimited. Anyone who has ever pushed IV to it's limits knows what I'm talking about. As well as an editor, it has a small but handy paint program and a set of plugins that sharpen, twril, make 3D buttons and about two dozen other things. The autocorrect is the second best that I've seen next to the Micrsoft on and the color correct puts Brightness, R, G, B balances, Contrast, Gamma Gorrect and Saturation all on one consoloe. and most effects in the Effects Browser as well as Color correct use original and edited images on the relevent panel You can add Filters UNlimited filters for even more go-power. Thething is just a monster and itls veryintuitively menu driven. It even has video and mp3 plyers

There's also Paint XP which is a free-standing GNU version of Microsoft Paint which almost anyone who has used Windows knows how to use

Another great piece is K-Lite Codecs that increases the formats your device can play with which IrfanView can work

Besides which. Acer is working on the Widnows Tablet and should have something reasonable in the next generation; I passed on the Windows tabs since everything I found told me that the Windows mobile was just not up to it. So instead of running two parallel systems, why not just make crossover compatibility?
    Last edited by Space_Patroller; 10-24-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    Take two tablets and email me in the morning

Tablets are not a gift from the Gods: They ARE the Gods!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Never really saw the need for what I use the tablet for. I have Splashtop to access my desktop when I need it, which is pretty rarely...

Mark

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I agree. If you need Windows on a tablet, you would be better off running MS Surface or one of the new similar tablets running Windows. Otherwise, in most cases just having remote access to a Windows system is more than enough. The hardware for the Android devices is not really meant to be used with Windows. Android is far more efficient and is designed with the mobile limitations in mind - power, Battery, CPU usage, etc.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Are there any apps that give me two-way remote access to my desktop? I would have to ship the image there and use my photo editor there and then pull the image bac, Plus, I could only do it where Wi-Fi is available.I use my current PC to run my old one that still works via my wireless network. But that would be wild; being in Boston or like that with my Iconia and doing that kind of thing

Witgh all the functions that the A700 has it's like owning a piece of 1950's sci-fi/spaceman's equipment. Often they would input data using a "stylus" and "tablet", or have an electronic calculator that was a box about 7x4x2 inches as well as the dreaded videophone. We have all 3 and having something that can run a computer from far away. Nobody dreamed of that one
    Take two tablets and email me in the morning

Tablets are not a gift from the Gods: They ARE the Gods!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't know the capabilities of all the remote control apps. They may have file transfer as well. That is not what I use though.

I use RealVNC for the remote access. I then just setup ES File Explorer on android to FTP to my computer (I have FTP setup). I can then copy files to/from.

Together it would probably work for what you are looking to do. You can also use stuff like SugarSync, DropBox, etc to automatically sync your photos or other folders betwen your android device and PC. That way, you automatically get he files on the PC, edit them and then put them in some synced folder, and they will automatically get transfered to your tablet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Patroller View Post
    Witgh all the functions that the A700 has it's like owning a piece of 1950's sci-fi/spaceman's equipment. Often they would input data using a "stylus" and "tablet", or have an electronic calculator that was a box about 7x4x2 inches as well as the dreaded videophone. We have all 3 and having something that can run a computer from far away. Nobody dreamed of that one
    I feel exactly the same way ever since I bought my A700. It's pure science fiction (especially using voice search, lol).

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Star Trek is my closest frame of reference, but every ship from Kirk to Janeway to Kirk again has had multiple shapes and sizes of tablets for years, with and without styli, and serving a variety of functions and (NOT the one-form iUniverse that Apple would have you believe). It's funny how life imitates art imitates technology sometimes.

Mark

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I read the thread fairly quickly, but if I understand properly, for the file transfer, why not just remote control your desktop/laptop and while doing that, you put the files into the cloud (dropbox, google drive, etc.) and access them with the cloud app on your android device. I often do that.

example, I put a pdf on my laptop in my DropBox folder and I retrieve the file on my tablet with the DropBox app. I don't know if it's the most efficient way to do it, but that's how I do it and it seems to work fine for me

Hope this helps.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Windows RT runs on arm right? Technically somebody should be able to get current tablets to run it...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    emulator would be great to play all the old windows games on a tablet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links