• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Seems to be stuck in a bootloop

Hope someone can help me with this!
    My A510 is not booting, just getting stuck on the "iconia tab" screen. I've not tried anything yet, aside from turning it on and off a few times.
    Last time I used it it seemed ok, aside from a rash of minor errors - I think it's was media sharing and google play store stopping working but I'm afraid I can't remember. I didn't update anything, or do anything unusual.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Hope I won't have to send it off for repair.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you try a hardware reset (sticking a pin in the Reset hole next to the microUSB charger on the bottom of the A510)? That fixes some fuzzy hardware activity sometimes... you don't lose any settings, it just resets the hardware and reboots...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nijikon View Post
    Hope someone can help me with this!
    My A510 is not booting, just getting stuck on the "iconia tab" screen. I've not tried anything yet, aside from turning it on and off a few times.
    Last time I used it it seemed ok, aside from a rash of minor errors - I think it's was media sharing and google play store stopping working but I'm afraid I can't remember. I didn't update anything, or do anything unusual.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Hope I won't have to send it off for repair.
    Try Method 2 here: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset.

If that doesn't work, it's likely the main board will need replaced. When you contact Acer, you'll need the SNID from the sticker on the inside of the micro SD card door.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys!
    I was in doom-mode and worried I was going to have to send it away and not wanting to invalidate my warranty. So I went with Acer's support advice and did a hard reset (I back up to my PC/cloud regularly so I didn't lose much). I'll use the reset pinhole next time.

Probably unrelated but...Since the booting problem I've found the power button is quite tempramental. I have to press and hold longer than usual/keep pressing to get the tablet to turn on or wake up. Also, it randomly re-starts if I leave it idling for a while. I've tried leaving it on with no apps running and it still occurs, so I guess its the tablet/OS having a freakout? Is the failure to wake up just a freezing prob?
    The device is useable so I'm not really complaining, just worried these little idiosyncracies are a sign of some deeper problem.

First time I've dealt with Acer's support. They sugested a hard reset, after I said the device wasn't booting...which was fine. But then they sent me a video on how to do a clean boot on an a500. I'm really not sure why. Oh well.

I'm a bit confused, but I think this thread is pretty much resolved!

Ads