• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laz34

Thread: SD card marked "emulated" HELP!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy SD card marked "emulated" HELP!

Just did a factory reset because of a couple of problems. Now, my actual internal SD card is not seen by the OS. It just shows me an emulated SD card with almost nothing on it. How can I get regain access to my SD card?

Acer Iconia Tab a510;

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    That's a little odd. Try going to Settings > Storage, and unmounting the SD card, and then remounting it.

You can also try removing the SD card, and booting the tablet by powering it down completely (2 second press of power button), and then powering back up.

If the tablet does not recognize the SD card and mount it after that, then you may want to try another SD card, because the one you are using may have a problem.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for responding. I have already done the unmount/remount several times. (this is the internal SD card that is the problem: no problem with the external SD) Guess I'll get on to the Acer support line tomorrow. Thanks again.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I hope that they can resolve your problem quickly, if not, feel free to check back here.

You may want to try a second Factory data reset regardless, to see if that clears the problem. I suggest removing your external SD card first in case that is involved somehow.

Somehow I missed the word "internal" in that sentence. You can't unmount that from the settings. Are you referring to Internal Storage as shown in the top of the Settings > Storage screen?

It's not clear to me what you are seeing. If the internal storage did not work, then the tablet would not initialize properly, because that storage is required by the Android operating system also. You would never get past the boot splash screens if it were dead.

It may help me understand better what you are seeing if you can describe specifically where you see "emulated" SD card. If you are seeing this in some file manager app that you installed, I would try another app instead.

Can you run any apps? If so, you may want to install and run ES File Explorer and use that to look around.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 09-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for stupid question. I inserted my SD card, but the problem is how to take it out from the slot? The card is all the way in the slot so I can't grab it..Is there any special technik for that?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spektr View Post
    Sorry for stupid question. I inserted my SD card, but the problem is how to take it out from the slot? The card is all the way in the slot so I can't grab it..Is there any special technik for that?
    Don't have my tab with me right now but I believe you press it and it should pop out a little bit. After that it should be possible to remove. It should give a small audible 'click' when you press it.
    Mrhelper likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hm..will try again..thanks.

Ads